Wednesday, January 8, 2020

January Cookies / 2020 - 1

Hard to believe that another year has begun !! 2020 -Time to get re-organized, clean up the clutter and have a wonderfully creative year.. And what better way to start than with our first Cookie Challenge of the new decade  with If You Give a Crafter a Cookie ?!?! Our inspiration photo is all about snowflakes and as beautiful as they are, I do not want to see anything but a flurry here in Virginia Beach..


I knew immediately that I wanted to use the Catching the Snow stamp set by Lisa Glanz  for Unity Stamp Company. I had the set out for Christmas cards but never used it so this Challenge was my perfect opportunity!!


  • I stamped multiple elements from the stamp set onto watercolor paper using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink  , Tumbled Glass Distress Ink  and Memento Lady Bug.
  • I created the scene with my stamps then cut the watercolor panel to fit a turquoise card base.
  • The girl was colored with my Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens.
  • I left space at the top of the watercolor panel for a strip of snowflake washi.
  • At the bottom of the panel, I added a strip of silver washi to look like a snowy ground.
  • To be perfectly honest here, I had ink from the edge of one of the snowflake stamps transfer to the panel when I stamped 2 of the flakes !! I was finished with everything else and did not want to start over, so I stamped the flakes more carefully onto a scrap of watercolor paper and punched them out. I popped them up over the boo-boos with foam tabs for a bit of added dimension.
  • A rhinestone was added to the center of each snowflake.
I know that you will want to see what the other Design Team members have created for this  Challenge, so head over to If You Give a Crafter a Cookie for some snowflake inspiration !! We'd love for you to link up a project too - this Challenge is open through January 22 .

Until next time- Stay Creative !!

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

2 comments:

  1. Love this precious card Deb! That little girl reminds me of my granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!! That little snowflake about to land in her hand is perfect!

    ReplyDelete