Sunday, May 26, 2019

Coffee & Cards with Deb / 5th Anniversary Post

It's time for a Coffee & Cards post with my dear friend Celeste, but she unexpectedly couldn't be here today . So I will instead have my coffee alone with you and bring you my 5th anniversary post. I can't believe that it has been 5 whole years since I started Meticulosity. Wednesday,May 21, 2014 was my first ever post and I've come a long way !! In the past 5 years, I've made some amazing friends, worked on some fabulous teams and been inspired by many creative people. For today's post, I thought I would use a fantastic stamp sent to me by my friend Jennifer Bishop-Anderson of Dreamz Etc. . She designed the stamp  Artistic Penmanship for Carabelle Studio and also designs for Blue Fern Studios. A big thank-you to Jennifer for helping me celebrate 5 years of blogging !!


 Artistic Penmanship
  • I started with a blue-patterned card base.
  • The image was stamped on watercolor paper with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and cut to fit on the card.
  • The hand was colored with Akashiya SAI Watercolor Brush pens .
  • I adhered the image on the diagonal in the center of the card towards the right side.
  •  A strip of floral embroidery patterned washi was placed down the left side of the card.
  • Some shimmer was added to the dragonfly wings with a ZIG Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush pen .
  • Recollections rhinestones were placed along the bottom of the stamped image. 




I loved this design so much that I made 2 cards. I just altered the card base, washi tape and the color of the rhinestones. I love writing letters which I think is what drew me to this stamp. 


To celebrate my 5th Blogaversary, I will be sending 1 commenter - chosen at random - a variety of my favorite supplies. There will be a paper pad, washi tape, embellishments, a stamp, bags and stickers. Just leave a comment here on this post for a chance to be chosen. I couldn't have done this without you  - I greatly appreciate all of your support and comments and encouragement. I'm looking forward to another year of creativity with all of you. 

Today I am drinking Caramel coffee out of the cup that started it all - my Meticulosity cup from Starbucks !! Here's to another 5 years !! And many more fun coffee cups...




Debra Davison / Meticulosity

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday meticulosity! And beautiful card!!! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 5th anniversary! It's always a treat to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra I love all your card creations! Congrats on your 5th year blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gems on this one and CONGRATS on your 5th year blog anniversary!!!!! SO AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching you and follow all your adventures. Love your coffee cups. That is what I love to buy when we travel Have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 5 years and looking forward to the next few years

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 5th! Beautiful cards and thanks for sharing your creativity! Love these stamps and how you used them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, what a honor to follow you. Your talent and stick-to-it-ness is commendable. Keep up the great heART

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing and inspire all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a super sweet card Debra, and I just love all your work- Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your article is extremely helpful exceptionally fascinating subject i am looking that sort of post thank for imparting to us keep it up click over here.

    ReplyDelete