Sunday, February 17, 2019

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste - 2/17

February is the month of LOVE and as you can tell by the name of our blog collaboration, Celeste and I are crazy about our coffee !!  Soooooooooo,  Celeste chose our theme this month and it is COFFEE LOVE !! I had no objections and was thrilled with the inspiration pic that she chose...


I combined a few of my latest favorite stamps -  a few from a digi set and another from a new company I absolutely love !! Do you ever combine your "real" stamps with digi stamps ?? I thought these went together perfectly.


Caffeine
True Love . Fuel . Willpower

  • Once again, I started with a Kraft card base and adhered a scrap piece of striped paper to it, leaving a small border of Kraft showing.
  • I printed the sentiment on Neenah Stardust White cardstock,  the spoon on a piece of dark gray paper and the cup on a piece of pink and a piece of Kraft . I did print multiple images so I would have supplies ready for a few more cards !! These are all from the Coffee or Cocoa Digital Stamp Set by Gracielle Design.
  • The cup and spoon were fussy-cut as well as the coffee from the Kraft paper.
  • I trimmed the sentiment to fit and then stamped  the background using my "Dirt" stamp and Close To Cocoa ink from Stampin' Up.
  • I adhered the Kraft coffee onto the cup, then the spoon onto the coffee. I envisioned myself stirring some sugar into my cup of coffee.
  • The cup was then adhered to the bottom right side of the striped background. Tombow Adhesives  - MONO Aqua Liquid Glue and MONO Adhesive + Permanent Runner - were used for the entire card assembly.
  • A happy accident resulted in the chemical composition for Caffeine being stamped below the sentiment. When I was deciding where to place the sentiment , I realized that I had a nice space above the cup that would be perfect to use my cute new Caffeine stamp in the Caffeinated Cat stamp set from The Rabbit Hole Designs . This set has the cutest cat which I am sure will be showing up on my blog very soon !! It was stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink
  • I placed some glitter on the spoon to add a fun shimmer !!

This card was fun to make and I'm even thinking about making some Christmas cards with these stamps!! I cannot wait to see Celeste's card and as always, I'm sure it is amazing !!  Take a look at it here at  Crafting Junky We would love for you to leave comments and follow our blogs if you don't already. 

I had my eye on a coffee cup at Starbucks but really do NOT need any more cups !!! So, I was pleasantly surprised when they had this re-usable cup for sale with the same design as the one I wanted. Plus this one was only $2 .. How could I resist !?!?  Today I am drinking French Roast coffee with Marshmallow Peeps Creamer !! I am not a fan of Peeps but this creamer is delicious !!!



Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity..

Debra Davison

4 comments:

  1. Love the card....love the colors....i think you captured coffee + love perfectly!! And, I should learn not to click on your links for new stores....Rabbit Hole stamps are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! I love the heart-shaped cup and the added glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, look at that sparkly spoon! Gotta love my coffee

    ReplyDelete