I try not to always be so darn predictable, BUT October is just full of such amazing Halloween images !! So Celeste and I have invited our friend Michael of World of Michael Trent to join us again as we create some fun projects for this month's collaboration !! And the theme is Halloween and all things spooky !!!
I knew I wanted to use the fun Skullies digi stamps from Vera Lane Studio and then had the idea to pair them with the cute witches from Vera Lane's Bewitchingly Cute set. So, I basically cut the heads off of those cute little witch's bodies and attached skulls !! Sounds like Halloween to me !!!
Lost in the inky darkness ...
Most delicate of beasts ...
- I adhered Halloween paper from the Love, Nicole " Dark Shadows" paper pad to 2 ATC cards fronts.
- The skulls and witches were printed on Neenah Stardust White cardstock and then fussy-cut.
- I colored the images with a variety of my favorite markers - Sharpies, Flair pens, Faber-Castell markers and Distress markers - then attached the skulls to the bodies with double-sided tape.
- I die cut the tombstones, fences and ghosts from the Sizzix Thinlits Die Set "Village Graveyard".
- I adhered Halloween washi to each card and then attached the fences with tiny staples, positioning the staples where I would be adhering the bodies so that they would not be visible.
- I used Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue to adhere the tombstones and skeletons to the ATC cards.
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology sentiments/words were placed on each ATC card to match the scene.
- I adhered another ATC to the back of my finished card to make it a bit more sturdy.
- I stamped a Handmade Card image from Catslife Press on the back of my completed ATC.
- A bit of Halloween washi was added to one of the ATC backs.
I really had SO much fun making these ATCs !! They were made for the Monster Mash Swap in the Vera Lane Studio Digi Stamp Group on Facebook. Vera Lane Studio has the most fun, quirky, unique digi stamps !! Check them out and get inspired !!
I can't wait to see what my fellow crafters come up with for this month's collaboration. Take a peek at Crafting Junky for Celeste's and then head on over to World of Michael Trent to see what Michael has created.
I have to thank Michael for my choice of coffee cup this time .. He showed me a new cup of his and I remembered one I had bought at Hobby Lobby on clearance sooooooooooooooo - we are cactus twins !! I am drinking Fortune Cookie coffee from As of Latte and it is amazing !!
Thanks so much for stopping by to see my ATCs along with Celeste and Michael's projects !! Do you make Halloween cards?? Are you a fan of ATCs ?? I enjoy creating on a smaller medium once in awhile and also joining in on ATC Swaps. Well, my coffee is waiting . Grab a cup of your favorite beverage and get creative.Until next month -- stay creative !!
Debra Davison / Meticulosity