It's time for our first challenge of May over at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge Blog and this one is all about Fairies. Our sponsor this month is A Day For Daisies and they have the sweetest variety of stamps, from fairies to books to flowers to mermaids. I hope you will take a look and maybe even be inspired to link up a project to this challenge. Someone who links up will be randomly chosen to win some digis from our sponsor.
I have always loved moon designs and was immediately drawn to the Talking With The Moon digi. I love to paper-piece and this digi really lent itself to that technique. I especially loved the pinks and blues in our inspiration cookie photo as you can tell in my finished card.
- I printed the image on Neenah Stardust White cardstock and trimmed it to keep a small edge around it.
- Using my favorite Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens and some Distress Markers, I colored in all of the image except for the moon and the fairy's dress.
- I love using scraps of paper ( that I call snibbles, which is what my mom called them ) . I also printed the image on a large enough scrap of yellow star paper and another of the blue floral paper in order to fussy-cut and paper-piece the moon and her dress.
- I used an older MAMBI cardstock paper pad to find a piece of marbled paper with colors to match the digital image. I cut the marbled cardstock to leave a small edge around the image.
- A piece of pale yellow cardstock was used as a card base to tie into the moon image.
- Dazzling Diamonds Glitter by Stampin' Up was used on the wings and several yellow stars to add a bit of shimmer.
- The word WANDER was found in my Memory Planning Sticker Book from MAMBI. I love to use planner goodies in my card designs.
- This is one of those cards that you have a rough idea for in your head and are really pleased at how it turns out !!
I am sure that my teammate's have really done a fantastic job with this challenge . There were so many great digis to choose from. You can check them all out here , where you will also find links to each member's blog. This challenge runs for 2 weeks and I hope you will link up a project - a card, planner page, tag or ATC. Whatever you are inspired to create from our amazing Fairy Cookie photo!!
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity for this first May Challenge.
Debra Davison / Meticulosity