Saturday, May 2, 2015

Paper Sack Love



Thank you for joining me and the entire Design Team of Mountain Plains Crafters in celebrating National Scrapbooking Day !!  Our theme is "Creating with Paper Bags".. How fun is that !! Our amazing sponsor is Lawn Fawn and the prize is a stamp set chosen by you.. Be sure to go to our MPC Facebook page and "like" us if you haven't already, then check out Lawn Fawn on Facebook , "like" them and let them know that the MPC Team sent you.. This is not required to win but everybody needs a little lovin',,,,,

We will have trivia questions on our MPC Facebook page all weekend. Answer one or all of these questions ( please only one time per question ). Each answer earns you an entry. A winner will be announced on Monday. The contest ends Sunday, May 3 at midnight EST. And this contest is open to INTERNATIONAL entries !!

I wanted to start journaling so I used my small paper lunch sacks as backgrounds on my pages , I embossed them , used Distress paints, added stamped images, and adhered them with washi. The paper sacks are fairly thin so they did not add too much thickness to my pages. These are my base pages. I will be adding favorite quotes, thoughts on my life and creative observations..I hope you like them..


Tim Holtz  embossing folder, tissue tape and lettering; Hero Arts Art stamp; 
Stampotique Tools Cube

Tim Holt embossing folder; Hampton Arts Stamp quote; Basic Grey fabric tape

Tim Holtz embossing folder; Taylored Expressions  Joe-To-Go stamp set;
Starbucks Coffee info card

 
Tim Holtz embossing folder; Hero Arts Enchante stamp set

Nellie Snellen embossing folder; Lawn Fawn  Good Fortune stamp set; 
Tim Holtz Distress paint

I hope that you have checked all of the Design Team's projects for National Scrapbooking Day.. Be creative, Preserve a memory. Spend some time nourishing your creative side. Comment on this post for a chance at a paper sack full of crafty items..









9 comments:

  1. this is a good way to use something that usually ends in the trash.
    they make a great background. the pages are clean and simple but pretty.
    You don't need a lot of fuss to have a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous! I hadn't thought about using paper bags for a journal but they're a great idea to keep it flatter. I love the Enchante page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper bags are a great addition to your journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all pretty cool Debra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great journal. I love the addition of the paper bags. My favorite page is your coffee one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome embossed pages, Deb. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the journal. I remember when we covered our school books with paper bags and I would decorate my book with paint and embellishments. I love all the stamps you used too. Very sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete