It's time for the August edition of Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste . Celeste chose a theme near and dear to my heart - CATS . Brian and I recently adopted a rescue kitten and to say she has taken over our household is an understatement. Serafina had an undiagnosed health issue that we are now treating but it's been a rough few months. We are halfway through her treatment, and she is doing remarkably well !! So this card is for all those fur babies out there and the parents who love them unconditionally . And a shout-out to our amazing new vet - Dr. Sara Elliott - who had a suspicion and acted on it . I will be forever grateful to her and the entire team at Bay Beach Veterinary Hospital in Virginia Beach . I don't know what the future holds but they gave our little Sassy a fighting chance .
For my card today, I used a 2014 paper stack from DCWV - The Pets Stack . I am sure it's no longer available, but I'll bet many of you have some sort of pet paper in your stash. The rubber stamp I used is a "vintage" wood-mounted stamp from JudiKins . It was designed by Paula Best and is # 9541G . I haven't seen any recent stamps from her but I do own quite a few and they are prized possessions .
Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
- I stamped the Cat image on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink .
- A pierced circle die was used to cut out the stamped image .
- I used a one size larger circle die and cut out a rust cardstock circle.
- The stamped image was colored with my Ohuhu markers.
- I adhered the stamped image to the rust cardstock circle.
- Foam tabs were used to adhere the completed circle panel to the paw patterned paper.
- I used a cream card base for this card .
I hope you like this card .. I actually made 6 using different patterned pet papers from the same stack . I'll be sending them to cat loving friends and to my vet , I can't wait to see what Celeste made for our theme - check her card out over at Crafting Junky .
For my coffee this month, I'm drinking Caramel Vanilla coffee with a delicious Coffee Mate Toffee Cauldron Creamer . We have had a crazy couple of months here - new kitten, car stuff, house stuff etc .. - so my cup today is the Things Could Be Worse Mug from Calamityware . It appears to be just a pretty blue patterned mug until you look closer. There are giant frogs, sea monsters, aggressive pterodactyls, zombie poodles, a Sasquatch and pirates ( among other things .. ) They are a reminder that no matter how bad things seem for you, they could always be worse.. It put a smile on my face after a very long week .. My fabulous friend Carmelita sent me that cup many years ago and it is kept on the desk in my craft room !!
And just in case you wanted to see our new addition, here she is helping me with my card .
Serafina - aka Sassy
Thank you so much for stopping by . We will see you next month when we will hopefully be celebrating the start of Sweater Weather !! Until then, drink good coffee and stay creative !!





Clinks mugs with you! <3 you my friend!
ReplyDelete