Sunday, April 30, 2023

Coffee and Cards with Deb and Celeste / April 2023

April showers bring May flowers. At least that's what they say .. We had some 80 degree weather here and now we are in for a rainy weekend. Let's see what May 1st brings us . For our theme this month, we decided on one of my favorite supplies - WASHI ..I probably have enough rolls to circle the globe.. With extra to spare ..  Are you a washi lover too ?? I use washi often when making many of my cards ( that's how I justify the hundreds and hundreds of rolls that I have in my stash ) !!




I found this amazing washi from 49 and Market that seemed perfect for making a card base panel. The large, beautiful designs deserved to be a focal point of the card and my idea used it as a background without covering up too much. Vintage Artistry Serenity Washi Tape Set includes  3 different designs of various widths.




  • I covered a piece of white cardstock with strips of the Vintage Artistry Serenity washi.
  • The girl and frame images from Bloom with Grace by Close To My Heart  were stamped on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink .
  • I stamped the sentiment in the frame from the same stamp set with Nautical Blue Memento ink .
  • The images were colored with my COPIC markers.
  • I fussy-cut the images and adhered them to my card base with foam tabs for added dimension.
  • I adhered the completed panel to a pale turquoise card base.

I was pleased that the design of the washi tapes all used together had the appearance of patterned paper. The washi is really absolutely gorgeous and no picture can truly do it justice !! I also have a Christmas design set that I am sure you will be seeing in one of my posts soon.  I think Celeste loves washi tape as much as I do and I 'm excited to see what she created this month . You can see her card over at her blog - Crafting Junky


The coffee I am drinking today is Pecan Praline. I'm using a  mug that was sent to me in the mail by my friend Amy. I had posted online that I could not find it here at our local TJ Maxx. She found it and sent me it all the way from Wisconsin !! Along with a few other goodies .. She is the best !!


SAVE THE EARTH

Thank you for stopping by to see our April cards.  We will be back in May with more coffee and cards. I hope to see you then.

Until next time, Stay Creative 



Debra Davison / Meticulosity

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I absolutely adore your card! Those vintage tapes go so beautifully with that beautiful girl image. The mug your friend sent you is simply beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. That washi background was a great idea and I love the coloring. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete