Sunday, January 15, 2023

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste / January 2023

Another year is starting - time to get organized, make resolutions, plan your next 365 days .. Celeste and I are back with our January Coffee and Cards posts to welcome 2023. Our theme is Books. I am an avid reader and know I will have fun choosing a few books to start off my 2023 reading list .



For my card , I chose an older stamp from Whimsy Stamps - Book Worm. It's no longer available but they have a few other fun book-related stamps. I have been a bookworm since childhood - and can remember "reading" with my dad long before learning the alphabet !!



  • I stamped the image with a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad on white Mixed-Media paper.
  • The image was colored with COPIC markers.
  • I matted the stamped panel with green cardstock,
  • I adhered a piece of book patterned paper from the American Crafts Project Life paper pad - Desktop Edition onto a turquoise card base.
  • The completed stamped panel was then adhered to the book paper.
  • A Tim Holtz Idea-ology sticker phrase was placed in the bottom right corner of the completed stamped panel .

I'm excited to see what Celeste did with one of my favorite themes !! You can check out her project over at her blog - Crafting Junky .  Are you a reader ?? If you are, let me know one of your favorite books so I can add it to my reading list .  I will choose one commenter to send a card and bookmark to .


My coffee today is my all-time favorite - Gingerbread.  I found some Starbucks K-cups on sale at Target and also some boxes of store brand K-cups at Food Lion  for $2 each, so I stocked up !! And because I'm drinking "holiday" coffee, why not use a holiday mug I picked up at Life is Good at a recent sale.. This might just be a new favorite mug .. 




Thank you for joining us as we kick off the New Year with our book-themed posts .. We'll be back in February with more Coffee and Cards. Until then, stay creative !!



Debra Davison / Meticulosity

8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the book themed cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, here it’s winter, cold but cozy in my magical room, my favorite faux fur blankets and tea.
    Been reading The House of the Seven Gables, but also read The Paris Apartment and The Midnight Library.
    Girls bought me World Travel by Anthony Bourdain, will start that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you read self-help/inspiration-from-faith sort of books BEST YES is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee and reading wrapped in art—no wonder I always enjoy your posts! You asked about a book I’m enjoying— throw-back favorite: Cheaper by the Dozen Recent book enjoyed: Learning to Walk in the Dark. If you haven’t tried these, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Again. Love this image and this card. Great way to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss You! Love all of your stuff.❤️🖖🌞✌️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well clearly I have never commented on a blog post. This is Pamela Jo.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this card Deb! And that mug is too much fun!

    ReplyDelete