Sunday, April 17, 2022

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste / April 2022

I'm not quite sure where the time is going but it sure is flying by .. Here it is April already and Celeste and I are back for more Coffee & Cards.  We've decided on a Retro theme this month and my first thought was to do a holiday card . But then I remembered a stamps set I have from Fun Stampers Journey and my card idea was born.. I hope you like it as much as I do ..


This stamp set Pop Art has a Retro vibe to it .. It reminds me of old time comic strips- the ones I used to use Silly Putty on as a child. Does anyone else even know what Silly Putty is ??? I guess I am showing my age.



  • The images were stamped with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink, colored with my  COPICS and then fussy-cut.. 
  • The sentiments were then stamped onto each image .
  • I adhered a scrap piece of vintage telephone paper to a Kraft card base.
  • The completed Retro images were matted with teal Tim Holtz Distress Cardstock - from a paper pad that I have been hoarding for years !!
  • I adhered the completed matted panels to the Vintage phone paper. This card just makes me laugh.

Be sure to check out Celeste's blog - Crafting Junky -  for her take on our Retro theme. This month I am drinking Original Donut Shop Nutty Caramel coffee in my new Life Is Good mug . I am becoming addicted to the LIG tee-shirts and their coffee cups !! And they have the best sales too ..

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter today // I hope that you get to spend some time with your family and also take an hour or two to be creative.. Until next month, take care and stay safe .


Debra Davison / Meticulosity


5 comments:

  1. I love retro cards, this one is wonderful, Deb.
    And yes, I know what silly putty is. We as kids had lots of fun with it!
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter!
    Cute retro card. Yes, I remember using silly putty on newsprint comics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous retro card Deb! You totally nailed the theme with those fun images, the speech bubbles, and that amazing patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun theme and card! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete