Wednesday, April 15, 2020

April Cookies / 2020 - 2

Challenge #140 at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge Blog is an Anything Goes Challenge . I will post the original inspiration photo that you can use if you'd like. But with all of this COVID-19 quarantine/social distancing /global pandemic happening now, we decided to make it easy for you to play along with us and not worry about a theme. Just spend some time creating and lose yourself in something that soothes your soul for a bit.  The original inspiration pic has coffee in it and you'll probably be surprised that my card doesn't include that at all !! After all, it is a favorite theme of mine !! 



I'm an RN and work at a hospital. I'm no longer in direct patient care in the ICU where I worked for 25 years, but I still take care of patients behind the scenes and work with staff daily in the Telemetry department.  COVID-19 has transformed our workplace into something I never would have thought possible.  Employee's temperatures are checked as the enter the building to begin their day.  There are NO visitors except for certain circumstances. Masks are being worn by just about everyone  in all areas of the hospital. But along with all of these strange new parts of our day, we have formed a stronger, more cohesive, supportive team !! So when I saw this image created  by my friend Lindsay Ostrom, I just had to use it for this Anything Goes Challenge. 


  • I printed the Miss You image from  Lindsay on Neenah Stardust White cardstock . You can find this and other images on her Creative Hand Lettering with Lindsay Facebook page or at this Impression Obsession link . 
  • I cut the image to fit on a polka-dot card base and adhered it with my Scotch Pink ATG Gun. at an angle. 
  • The masks and lettering were colored with my Mildliner Double Ended Highlighters . These are such fun highlighters  - I love all of the colors !! They have a bullet tip as well as a chisel tip. 
  • A piece of twine was wrapped around and then tied into a bow on the left side of the card. 
I hope that all of you are staying safe and following the rules of social distancing in your areas. The sooner we flatten the curve, the sooner we can get back to some semblance of our old normal... What is happening in our hospitals on a daily basis is tragic and we all can all be a part of the solution. In the meantime, take care of your families and yourself. Set aside some time to lose yourself in creating something. Read a book . Call a friend you haven't seen in awhile. I have coffee every Saturday with a friend and we still have coffee by phone each week.. I haven't talked her into a video chat yet !!  If you want to, create something and link it to our Anything Goes Challenge here .  You have 2 weeks to join in - it runs from April 16 through April 29. I hope you will also take a look at what some other team members have created. 

Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity.
Until next time, Stay Creative.


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

1 comment: