Thursday, July 25, 2019

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - July

It's Christmas in July for the Crafty Elves !! Lisa - aka BZScrapper - and I have been making  a Christmas card each week / 4 or more each month and blogging about it on the 25th of each month . It's been a challenge for me to make holiday cards this month. Here in Virginia Beach, we have had temperatures in the high 90's for a few weeks and to tell you the truth, I was not in a Christmas mood. But I actually did play some holiday music and use a Christmas coffee mug while making a few of these cards to help me get in the holiday spirit. This post will combine a few different  Design Team projects for me as you will see in my descriptions. After you see my cards, be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see her always  amazing creations !!



For my first card, I used a Hero Arts set - Origami Happy Holidays . I stamped the paper airplane image onto green and red patterned paper and also Neenah Stardust White cardstock. They were then fussy-cut and adhered to an embossed white card. I stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set onto a piece of snowflake patterned paper, cut it out with a tag punch, stapled it and then adhered it to the bottom right side of the card. This was made for my Italian penpal and friend, Letizia !! She recently bought a fun custom stamp with her address and a paper airplane on it, so this set immediately made me think of her !!



My next card is made with a fun digi stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard - Magic of Christmas . It was designed by my very talented friend and teammate on the Polka Dot Orchard Design Team, Crystal Minkler. We are having a Christmas in July Instagram Blog Hop with the Polk Dot Orchard Team starting today and we hope that you will join us. You can find my post at @djdavison814 on  IG and follow through from there. For this card, I printed the belt, sentiment and Santa hat. The belt was printed on both white and a gray-brown cardstock. I cut out the belt from the gray paper and the buckle and belt loop from white cardstock.The buckle and loop were then colored and adhered on the belt. The Santa hat was also colored.I adhered the sentiment and belt to a red card base.  I then popped the Santa hat up on the corner  of the sentiment with foam tabs. This was a fun card to make !!

 . 

My next card was made with a few favorite stamps from Rubber Moon  -  Merriment by Kae Pea and a house stamp by Joanna Taylor. The house stamp I used is no longer available but the Snowman's House stamp is almost identical. I stamped the Merriment moons on  the top left side of a piece of snowflake patterned paper. The house was stamped on a piece of watercolor paper, colored, cut out into a square and adhered to the lower right of the snowflake paper.  I then stamped the word "merriment" under the house image. I had also stamped the moons on a piece of patterned paper, cut them out and adhered them to the snowflake paper ( I colored one of the moons yellow ). The snowflake paper was adhered to a Kraft cardstock base and a piece of Watercolor Words washi by Rubber Moon was placed down the left side of the card. I love making holiday cards in non-traditional colors !! Do you have a favorite color combo for holiday cards besides red and green ??

   

Last but not least is a card/tag for my Christmas in July post at Anthony's Paper Craft. The team is also celebrating Christmas in July by using  some fabulous holiday/Christmas stamps . I used the Winter Scene stamp set that has an amazing variety of smaller stamps suitable for  tags and cards !! I stamped a tree and a deer onto a piece of dotted paper , then used a fun paper punch to make a plaid border that I adhered above the tree. A piece of gold glitter washi was then placed on the plaid border. This entire image was adhered to the bottom half of a black tag. On the upper half of the tag, I adhered a few pieces of washi - snowflake and plaid. The word JOY was adhered at an angle next to the deer.  I then stamped "Seasons Greetings" onto a piece of white cardstock, made a banner out of it and hung it from the hole in the tag.I adhered a  piece of ledger paper to the back of the card to write a holiday greeting on. 


Thank you for joining me for this celebration of Christmas in July.  I really am thrilled to be on several fabulous Design Teams and it was fun to combine these 4 projects in this post !! Make sure you go to Lisa's blog  - Life of a BZscrapper to see what she came up with this month !!

Thanks so much for visiting Meticulosity as we try to inspire you into some holiday spirit as we create a Christmas card each week. We hope to see you back here again on August 25 !!

Until then, Stay Creative !!!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity


5 comments:

  1. Love all of these! What a great way to use that paper airplane set! Very clever!! Merry Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards and tag! I love the way you used the origami tree as a paper airplane! Love the RubberMoon house design too.... they have so many fun stamps to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little paper airplanes! So fun! All of them! Your next Christmasy post will be on my Birthday! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards again this month!! I adore those paper airplanes... so cute! Such a sweet personalized card!! I love your card using Magic of Christmas... that little Santa hat is just too cute!! The colors in your third card are awesome... I love using non-traditional colors for Christmas cards! And your tag is fabulous!! Love the mix of paper, washi, and stamps!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete