Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Christmas in July with APC

I have always loved Christmas & crafty Christmas supplies are no exception !! It's never too early to start on Christmas cards, so I am bringing you some early holiday cheer with my first cards as a member of the Design Team for Anthony's Paper Craft. I hope my cards will inspire you to check out Anthony's wonderful collection of stamps. My first 2 cards have a vintage look and combine some favorite APC stamps with a much-loved ( and hoarded ) Tim Holtz paper pad !!





  • On a scrap piece of text paper, I stamped 4 ornament images from the Anthony's Paper Craft stamp set Ornament Set 1 with Memories India Black Ink
  • I also stamped the ornaments on 2 card-sized pieces of very pale pink paper from the Tim Holtz Holidays Past paper pad . I positioned the ornaments side by side/ one a bit lower than the other,  leaving room at the top and bottom of the paper for my sentiment and banners.
  • Using StazOn Midi Ink Pads in Emerald City, St. Valentine, Blue Hawaii and Jet Black, I stamped the 4 scenes from Ornament Set 2 onto the 4 text ornaments and then fussy-cut  ONLY the ornaments ( not the ornament top or bow ).
  • The sentiments - also by Anthony's Paper Craft  - were stamped on a green piece of paper, also from the Holidays Past paper pad, using Emerald City StazOn. They were then cut to fit on the cards.
  • I made several long and short banner flags for the cards. The smaller ones were made with a paper punch and the larger ones were cut by me to fit the spaces.
  • I colored the ornament tops and bows with some Brea Reese and Tim Holtz Distress markers.
  • All elements were adhered using a combination of Tombow adhesives - MONO Adhesive+ runner, MONO Aqua Liquid Glue and Foam Tabs. The foam tabs were used to pop up the sentiments. 
  • The text ornaments were adhered over the stamped images on the background paper. Short banners were placed at the top left of each card and a longer banner at the bottom left. The sentiments were each placed at the top right.
  • A piece of Maya Road "Sweet Candy" twine was tied around the top of the banner on the Seasons Greetings card. 
  • On a ledger card base from DCWV Vintage Collector, I adhered the  Seasons Greetings card and the Happy Holidays card is on a white base. 

I love the vintage look of these cards and the stamps by Anthony's Paper Craft were perfect. I'm excited to be a part of this Design Team and can't wait to show you more Christmas in July projects throughout the month !! Anthony will be in my area in October for a stamp show and I look forward to meeting him in person. I will give you more information about that in another post. I might even be teaching a Make & Take at the show !! Thank you to Anthony for giving me this opportunity to work with his stamps . I look forward to working with all of the other DT members. Shout-out to Michael Trent who introduced me to Anthony's Paper Craft. He is also on the APC DT and can be found at World of Michael Trent . 


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

No comments:

Post a Comment