Wednesday, March 7, 2018

March Cookies - Take 1

This month's cookie challenge - #89 - celebrates all things music. Over at the IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE Challenge Blog , we are showing you our musical creations .  Our sponsor for this challenge is Sasayaki Glitter Digital Stamps and several team members have used their images. Take a look at my project and those of my team-mates and if you are inspired, link up a creation of your own. The challenge is open for 2 weeks, starting March 8 !!


My guy Brian is a singer/songwriter/guitar player and we have the opportunity to listen to many local musicians in the Hampton Roads area.  This challenge inspired me to make a birthday card for a friend who plays in a band with his wife. John and Laurel have been good friends and we always love to hear them play with their band, The Muddy Gems.  They were the inspiration for this card. No one who hears them play could ever doubt that they are making time for the things that they love.



  • I started with a piece of Bazzill blue cardstock as my base.
  • The guitar image from the Visible Image stamp set  Music Speaks was stamped in Staz On "Blue Hawaii" ink  on a scrap piece of marbled blue paper.
  • A piece of black paper with gold foil accents from the Bella Blvd. paper pad Make Your Mark was adhered along the left side of the blue card base.
  • The guitar image  was adhered at an angle onto the card base. A Tombow MONO+ Permanent Adhesive Runner was used to adhere this image and the paper along the L side.
  • I placed 3 turquoise sequins around the guitar to finish the card.

Heart Musical Note stamp from Memory Box
( back of card )

I'm glad that you stopped by to see what I was inspired to create  Music is an important part of many of my friend's lives and it was fun to take part in this challenge !! I hope you will take a look at the other projects from our Challenge Design Team. Link up a project of your own here and you could win some digis from our sponsors at Sasayaki Glitter Digital Stamps.

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

No comments:

Post a Comment