You all must know by now how much I love rubber stamps !! Some might say that I have an obsession with stamps. I've been playing with some great new releases by Rubber Moon and they are just SO much fun to work with. Tweets and Chirps by Lori Sparkly Franklin has the sweetest, most fun images. Lori is an amazing mixed-media artist - she paints, she makes jewelry, she designs stamps . Lori says that she doesn't remember playing with Barbies as a child, but a new box of CRAYOLAS was ecstasy ! A woman after my own heart. I hope you will love her new line as much as I do !! These birdies are my new best friends ..
- I started with some pastel card bases - 2 solid and a diagonal striped. Doilies are a favorite supply of mine, so I added 1 to each base.
- Journaling cards are fun to stamp on and quick when you want something to stamp on, but don't want or have time to measure and cut. These are from the Charming Collection by Becky Higgins for Project Life.
- I'm all about using scraps of paper on my projects and the clouds and banners were both paper-punched using bits and pieces from my scrap drawers.
- The stamps are Identical Tweets & Just a Little Note and were inked with Memento Tuxedo Black . I stamped the images directly on the journal card and bird images also on scraps of patterned paper. These birds were then fussy-cut and paper-pieced.
- Washi was placed on all 3 cards ( I'm washi-obsessed, too ) . Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue adhered all of the elements to the cards.
- A piece of long-hoarded Scrappy Floss by Karen Foster gave a pop of color to the banners. I have this floss in red and turquoise and it came in containers that look like dental floss !! It has been discontinued so I use it sparingly. I never complain about having to floss when I use this !!
From start to finish these 3 cards took me about 30 minutes ! I wanted to play with these new stamps but didn't have much time, so I used what was easily at hand. There are many other stamps in this Tweets and Chirps collection and I can't wait to ink them up. Another reason I loved this collection so much was that it included another LOVE of mine -- BOOKS !! These will be the next stamps I play with !!
I hope you will take care of yourself today and do something for YOU !
Spend some time outside looking at the birds .
Ink up a new stamp set ..
Check out all the amazing stamps at Rubber Moon.
Buy yourself a Sweet Tweet ...
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity