This month Celeste and I and our guest are celebrating some new stamps designed by a friend of ours. Terri Burson has been my friend since we met through our love of stamping back in 2014. I was a member of Mountain Plains Crafters with her and several others. We posted our papercrafting projects on our Facebook page and on our blogs. We had blog hops and promoted many company's great supplies. Well, long story short, Terri has just had some of her designs made into stamps with So Suzy Stamps. She has always been a fabulous doodler and drew on her projects, which everyone raved about. So ----------- today our guest, Jennifer Leamy Loftfield ( who was also on the design team of Mountain Plains Crafters ) is helping Celeste and I, as we all make cards with Terri's just released stamps !! Terri knew we would be using her stamps today but did not know Jennifer would be joining us .. Surprise !!!
My card today has a vintage feel and was made to reflect the ornaments my parents had on their first Christmas trees. They were thinking of starting a family and placed pink and turquoise glass ornaments on the always fresh-cut Christmas trees. All these years later, I still have some of them and they are treasured beyond belief. As my brother and I came along, more traditional ornaments were added and I loved hanging each and every one on the branches.
- I stamped Terri's Wreath image onto a piece of pink scrap paper from my hoarded Basic Grey collection.
- The ink I used was Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Iced Spruce .This is a blue/green/grey ink and one of my favorite Distress colors .
- I actually used the hole punch on my Cropodile to punch out the berries on the wreath using scrap paper in pinks and pale turquoise.
- Although it is hard to see on the wreath, I created shimmer with Swarovski crystals, Wink of Stella Clear and Frosted Lace Stickles.
- Tombow Adhesive adhered the pink paper to a white card base and also all of the elements to the wreath. I used the Permanent Adhesive Runner and MONO Aqua liquid glue.
- The rick-rack Christmas banner at the top of the card and the angel in the wreath's center are from the My Mind's Eye All is Bright collection. Nostalgia alert : my mom sewed many of my clothes when I was young and loved to use rick-rack. So, that banner was exactly what I was looking for !!
- Prima's Lifetime Collection had the Memories chipboard piece that finished off my card.
You can see Celeste's card at Crafting Junky. And Jennifer's card can be found at Caffeinated Papercuts. Jennifer is as passionate about coffee as Celeste and I are ( if that is possible ). I mean, look at her blog name !!! We are so excited that she joined us to celebrate Terri's first ever stamp release !!
And now on to my coffee for today.. I had some wonderful girl time with an old friend from my ICU days and of course, we stopped at Starbucks !! I had an Iced Maple Pecan Latte and it was as amazing as its name .. I can see many more in my future.
You can see all 4 of Terri's stamps with So Suzy here. Leave me a comment and show Terri some love. I'll choose 1 lucky commenter to get a card from me made with Terri's stamps. You can check out Terri's blog at Waving My Wand. We'd love for you to follow all of our blogs. Celeste and I will be back again next month with another guest. Let us know if you would like to join us ..
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity