I made a card for my Skipping Stones Design Team March post and loved it so much that I decided to make a set. I do not like to make the same card over and over with the exact same papers etc., so this is a variation on that initial theme. For me, Spring days are full of birds chirping, flowers blooming and of course, coffee drinking. Lately I have been enjoying the lovely pastel cups at Starbucks.
Today is also the last day of the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and I will be linking this card there. If you are in need of some inspiration and love coffee ( or tea or hot cocoa ) , please check out the Blog Hop. There are over 1000 link-ups this time -- an amazing record !! Shout-out to Amy Tsuruta and Chaitali Narla for coming up with the idea for this fabulous Hop back in Sept.2014.
- Using Memories Black India Ink, I stamped the cup from Skipping Stones Design Coffee Volume #2 and the sentiment from Best of Birds on white cardstock and cut them our. I also stamped the cup on a piece of Crate Paper "Farmhouse" and cut out the sleeve portion.
- On a piece of polka-dotted patterned paper from We R Memory Keepers "Flower Girl" collection, I stamped the bird from SSD Heartsong 2 in the lower right corner and the music notes from SSD Best of Birds above where the coffee cup would be placed.
- Portions of the bird and the top of the coffee cup were colored with Tim Holtz Distress Markers and Faber Castell PITT Artist Pens. A hint of shimmer was made using Wink of Stella Clear Brush Pen.
- I adhered the sleeve to the cup, then placed it on the left side of the patterned paper, underneath the steamy music notes. I was quite proud of thinking of that idea !! A paper-punched heart ( using Pink Paislee "Memorandum" ) was adhered above the bird with the sentiment popped up on top with foam dimensionals.
- For some cute finishing touches, I added a bright green glitter heart to the coffee-cup sleeve and a strip of grass washi along the bottom of the patterned paper.
I hope you've been inspired by my card. It's a dreary.rainy day here in Virginia Beach,VA, but any day off work is lovely to me !! Stay creative and have a wonderful weekend !!
Debra Davison/ Meticulosity
Best of Birds