For our second challenge this month over at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie, it's all things BABY !! Now, it's been awhile since I had a baby and there are no grandchildren (yet), so I don't have many baly stamps . But I knew there was a cute set in my stash somewhere and luckily, I found them !! Our Inspiration photo this time is soooooo cute !!!
I couldn't decide which stamp to use from the Little Cupcake set by Inkadinkado, so I used them all. The set is from 2007, which just goes to show you that I am definitely a stamp hoarder !! But then , you never know when you will be needing a baby stamp. I am more likely to use it for a grandchild card these days !! LOL
- I chose Journal Cards from the Project Life Maggie Holmes "Gather" edition that went well with a Baby Girl theme.
- Using Versafine Clair 'Nocturne" ink, I stamped most of the images onto the journal cards. The Baby Girl image was stamped with a dark pink Stampin' Up ink and the Sweet Peas were stamped with a green Stampin' Up ink.
- I colored some of the images with Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pens .
- Two of the diapers and the chickadee were paper-pieced with scraps of yellow and pink paper.
- I placed strips of washi tape onto some of the journal cards.
- Holes were punched in the upper right corner of the journal cards and then they were all fastened together with a silver binder ring.
I loved the idea of this baby "card" using all of these journal cards fastened together. There is room on several cards for personalizing a baby's name , birth date etc... I was really pleased with how this turned out and hope that you like it too !! Take a look at the other projects by my teammates over at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge Blog - I know they will be fabulous !! We'd love for you to link up a project between now and March 6 . How could you not be inspired by that cute Inspiration photo ?!?!?!
Thank you again for visiting Meticulosity.
I hope that you will leave a comment and also sign up to follow my blog if you haven't already.