I was so thrilled to be chosen to be a Guest Designer this month for Lavinia World . They have a Challenge Blog with a new Anything Goes Challenge every 2 weeks. My projects will be posted in the June 4 & 18 Challenges with links to my Meticulosity blog post. I am extremely thrilled to be working with such a fantastic company . Their stamps are whimsical and can be used to create beautiful scenes !! And their Design Team have been beyond welcoming and supportive ..
Welcome to Lavinia World Challenge #28
Dance with the fairies and Talk to the moon
Lavinia World Supplies Used :
- For this card, I cut a piece of the Delight paper 4 x 6 inches to fit the scene I had in my head. I positioned the stamps on my MISTI and that gave me an idea of the paper size I needed .
- I stamped the snail, mushrooms and toadstool images on the Delight paper with VersaFine Nocturne ink.
- The sentiment was stamped on watercolor paper also with Nocturne ink, trimmed to size and then cut in half.
- The moon was stamped on Delight paper and paper-punched into a 1 3/8" circle. I also paper-punched 3 watercolor paper circles and adhered all of them together with the stamped circle for added thickness.
- Silver molding paste and a Tim Holtz Bubble layering stencil were used on the left side of the Delight paper to add some dimension . I added it at a diagonal from top to bottom where I knew I would be placing the moon. I also took into consideration where I would be placing the stamped images.
- Sugar Shimmer Fairy Dust Glitter was sprinkled over the molding paste for added shimmer.
- The sentiment was adhered above the snail on the upper right side.
- The moon was adhered over the stenciled area at the upper left.
- I placed black rhinestones on the tips of the snail's tentacles.
- The finished image was popped up on a navy blue cardstock card base leaving a margin on all sides.
These stamps are a dream to work with . Take a look at the projects from the Design Team over at the Challenge Blog . Get inspired and think about linking up a project of your own. You could win a $15 gift code to Lavinia World .The Challenge at the blog post is Anything Goes - you can use any clear or rubber stamp, it does not have to be Lavinia ( but no digi stamps are allowed ). You can also post a project to their Anything Lavinia Facebook page if you use a Lavinia World product ( stamps, paper ). You have until Monday, June 15 to enter this Challenge.
Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my post !! This card is a bit different than my usual style cards but I had fun being out of my comfort zone and stretching my creativity .. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think ..
Until next time,
Stay safe AND creative..
Debra Davison/ Meticulosity