In a few short months, the holidays will be here .. And I will be so glad that I have been making holiday cards all year long !! Have you started yours ?? Michael, Lisa and I have been posting every month on the 25th as we've created a holiday card each week throughout the year .. This month we have a Guest Elf and I'm sure she has some fabulous cards to share with us .. Terri Albro Burson is a talented papercrafter, mixed-media artist and designer . We met through our love of paper back in 2014 when I was chosen to be on the Design Team ( my first ) of Mountain Plains Crafters. Terri and a few friends had created an online community and I was lucky enough to become a part of it . She has worked with many amazing companies, most recently as a 2021 Guest Artist for Ranger Ink . I'm sure that she is just as thrilled to be joining us as a Crafty Elf this month !!
My first card features the cutest Christmas Bird stamp from Impression Obsession . It was on clearance a few months ago, but they have tons of other fabulous stamps for you to choose from . This stamp was designed by my friend Lindsay Ostrom.
- I stamped Christmas Bird on Strathmore Mixed Media Paper with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink .
- A square scalloped-edge die was used to die-cut the bird image for the card front.
- I colored the bird image with my COPICS, Sharpies & Flair pens.
- A piece of Tim Holtz Christmas washi tape was placed across the center of a piece of green musical notes patterned paper from a Craft Smart "Classic Vintage" paper pad.
- The musical notes panel was adhered to a Kraft card base.
- I popped up the completed bird die-cut with foam tabs for some added dimension .
- I stamped ELF on the left side of a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the sentiment on the right side with Memento Lady Bug & Bamboo Leaves. I masked the sentiment on the diagonal to get the color blend exactly right . And I love how it turned out .
- I found a scrap of paper that reminded me of Gingerbread houses & their icing and cut a strip to fit down the left side of a Kraft card base.
- The completed stamped panel was adhered next to the patterned strip.
- I stamped ELF in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the sentiment below that with Memento Lady Bug ink on Strathmore Mixed Media paper.
- I placed a strip of red snowflake washi in between ELF and the sentiment.
- The stamped panel was adhered to a red cardstock mat .
- A beautiful floral card base was a pretty touch for this card .
- I stamped the 4 Main Food Groups sentiment onto a piece of Mixed Media paper with Tuxedo Black ink.
- I colored the image with my COPICS.
- The stamped image was matted on a piece of red cardstock.
- I adhered a piece of scrap glittery gumdrop paper to a bright blue card base.
- The completed stamped panel was then popped up onto the gumdrops with Foam tabs. I love how bright and colorful this card is !!