I absolutely love ALL things about rubber stamping, I also have a bit of a snarky, sarcastic side. This probably isn't much of a secret to my close friends. I love bringing out that side in the cards I create and this Dark Coffee set from STAMPlorations is just perfect. It is from the Big Grins by Becca Cruger line and I'm thinking that maybe she and I are long lost relatives -- we have the same sort of sense of humor.
My Alone Time is For Everyone's Safety
- On a DCWV tag, I stamped the Dark Coffee Gal in the lower Right corner and colored her with my Distress Markers and Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens . She was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and her glasses were stamped with Clearsnap ColorBox Fireberry.
- The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of fall-patterned paper and attached to the tag with a copper staple.
- I placed a bit of Fall-themed washi on the tag, then tied a bit of Maya Road twine cording to the top of the tag. .
- A turquoise rhinestone made the perfect earring for this gal and a bit of coppery tinsel glitter added a touch of shimmer to the coffee.
- The tag was popped up on the Paperlove card base with foam dimensionals.
The image of this coffee gal really reminds me of my mom. I colored her hair like my mom's and put the glasses on her like my mom wore. I don't think I really even thought of this when I ordered the stamp set, but then when I inked it and stamped it, there SHE was !! As you can see in the picture I posted, it's pretty close !!
This is my second card for the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. They have 83 amazing Sponsors with a chance at some fantastic prizes for those that link up their projects. There are already over 350 projects linked and it is only Day 2, The Hop runs from September 15-22.
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity !! I'd love for you to follow my blog. I am also having a giveaway during the Hop. If you comment on each of my projects linked to this Fall Hop, you have a chance to win a fabulous limited edition stamp - Java Girl from Rubber Moon.