Thursday, August 23, 2018

August Cookies - Take 2

I must admit that when I saw the theme for this Challenge  - # 101 - I was initially at a loss !! I do not have any fish, fishing, fisherman stamps - digi or otherwise. So I was searching online and venting to a friend, who then reminded me of the fish stamps from Vera Lane Studio. I immediately chose the quirky set that I used for this challenge. You can also find some fun fishing digis at our sponsor's site   - Bugaboo Digi Stamps. They will be providing some of their stamps to one lucky winner who will be chosen from the people who link up a project You have through September 5 to show us how you were inspired by these fun cookies !!


When I chose the digi set from Vera Lane Studio, I knew that I wanted to create a scene with it. I was lucky to find the perfect papers to do just that. This is a fun, quirky card and I really did enjoy creating this one !! I hope you like it !!



  • On a Kraft card base, I adhered a piece of Glossy Wave paper from American Crafts.
  • A piece of Pebbles paper from The Paper Studio was adhered to the bottom third of the card base. Tombow Adhesives were used on all elements - MONO Adhesive+ runner, MONO Aqua Liquid Glue and also Foam Tabs.
  • The sentiment, girl and fish are from the Sakana Set by Vera Lane Studio. I printed them on Neenah Stardust White cardstock  and colored the girl and the fish with Akashiya SAI Watercolor Brush pens
  • I inked the word FISH on the sentiment and the girl's eyes with Archival Viridian ink. The fish eyes were inked with Adirondack Stream ink. 
  • The houses are from a Vera Lane collage sheet - Little Houses. They were already colored so I just had to cut them out and adhere them to the card.  Who wouldn't love to stay in a little house like this by the sea !?!?
  • The sentiment was adhered to the top of the card.
  • The fish was popped up on the girl's head with Foam tabs.
Details of glossy paper 

Please go to the IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE page to see all of the creations from our Design Team. We hope we have inspired you to link up something of your own. The challenge runs for 2 weeks so please link up your project by September 5. 

Thank you once again for visiting Meticulosity !!
Debra Davison

No comments:

Post a Comment