Wednesday, August 8, 2018

August Cookies- Take 1

Our first August Challenge at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie is all about shells and beachy colors. I knew exactly what I wanted to use for my card this time and it came together quite nicely. If you have some stamps/supplies that would work well with this challenge, please link a project up before August 23. Our sponsor this time is Pattie's Creations and you could be the lucky person to win some  of their fun digital images. 

 

I used Tim Holtz "Nautical" Mini-Blueprint stamps and a Recollections Mermaid die for this card.  I have had these supplies in my stash - unused - for quite some time so this was the perfect theme for them !!

.
  • On my favorite Neenah Stardust White cardstock, I stamped the 4 images from the "Nautical" set,  using Ranger Adirondack inks in Viridian, Espresso, Mountain Rose and Stream.
  • Each image was made into a square with a 1 3/8 inch paper punch. I mage the 4 images into 1 large square and taped them to each other on the backs, for ease of placement on my card. 
  • I cut a piece of white glitter cardstock slightly larger than the nautical square and adhered these to a pale gray-blue dotted card base with Tombow MONO Adhesive+ .
  • The mermaid was die-cut and embossed  on a piece of turquoise cardstock using my old faithful Cuttlebug machine.
  • I used a paper punch to create the silver glittered crab.
  • The mermaid and crab were popped up on the card with Tombow Foam Tabs .



This was a fun challenge and I absolutely love that little mermaid. I die-cut/embossed several and will probably have them on a few cards in the near future !! Be sure to visit the main challenge page  HERE to see all of my teammate's creations. We'd love for you to leave comments and follow each of our pages. Challenges run for 2 weeks and I hope you will get beachy/nautical and share something with us !!

Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity for this first challenge of August !!


Debra Davison

No comments:

Post a Comment