Sunday, July 29, 2018

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste 7/29

I hope you are all enjoying your summer and finding time to be creative !! Celeste and I are back with our blog collaboration and this time we are having a unicorn challenge. Who doesn't just love these magical creatures ?!?!?! There are so many amazing stamps, dies, stickers, etc.. that are all unicorn-related. I even just bought a whole book of planner stickers that have dozens of unicorn stickers !! For my card, I used a fun stamp/die set from Close To My Heart . Little Dreamer  includes a stamp set + 4 metal dies and is SO much fun to work with !!


  • On a powder blue card base, I applied my favorite grass washi along the bottom of the card.
  • I stamped all of the elements onto Neenah Stardust White cardstock . First I stamped the unicorn with Stampin' Up  BLUSHING BRIDE ink . I then stamped his nose with Hero Arts Ombre' PINK TO RED ink .
  • The unicorn was then cut out using the thin die included with this set. I found it easier to stamp the mane, tail and horn after it was cut.
  • The mane was stamped with Ranger Adirondack Earthtones STREAM ink , the tail with Ranger Adirondack Lights JUNIPER ink and the horn with Ranger Distress Oxide FOSSILIZED AMBER. 
  • I adhered the unicorn, flowers, stars and heart to the card base with Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue .The flowers, stars and heart are all from a Little Dreamers Complement kit that matches the stamp/die set.
  • The sentiment was also stamped with STREAM  ink and then adhered to the top left side of the card base using Tombow Foam Tabs for added dimension.

This was a whimsical, fun card to make and I can't wait to see what Celeste comes up with . You can  check out her project here at her blog, Crafting Junky. We look forward to seeing you back here next month.My birthday is August 14 and I have some fun giveaways planned for the entire month.

The coffee I'm drinking this time is Pecan Praline and the mug I'm using is courtesy of mu guy, Brian. Last weekend we attended his 30th high school reunion in North Carolina. It was a combination 1987,1988 and 1989 reunion. These coffee cups were made for the 20th  and specifically for the Class of 1988. But I did get creative with  sticker and made the 1988 into a 1987 on the opposite side of the mug !! LOL  You know I'm a coffee cup fanatic so I was thrilled to get one of these  !! 


Thanks so very much for checking out our blog collaboration again.We hope you enjoyed our fun unicorn theme. Stay tuned for our next get-together in August !!

Debra Davison

No comments:

Post a Comment