Sunday, January 21, 2024

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste / January 2024

Celeste and I are starting off 2024 with a guest for our January post. Maria Batan loves to play with paper as much as we do and we are so happy to have her join us this month !! We have a sketch for our inspiration . I am not the biggest fan of sketch challenges so a great BIG thank you to Celeste for getting me out of my comfort zone !!!



I was lucky enough to find a sheet of clearance patterned paper that was perfect for this challenge . It's by Bo Bunny - Willow & Sage Stripe. The paper is double-sided which definitely came in handy for this card !!



  • I cut the Bo Bunny paper to create a panel for a 5x7 white card base and adhered it -  striped side up - to the front.
  • The tan floral, blue dotted and ledger paper were all scraps in my stash. I made strips from the tan and dotted papers and placed them side by side on top of the striped base .
  • The back of the striped paper was the pink branch design. I cut a piece and adhered it over the 2 long strips.
  • The ledger scrap was trimmed into a banner and adhered on top of the pink branch paper .
  • The My Sentiments Exactly - Dragonfly was stamped with Nautical Blue Memento ink on Tan Mixed Media paper .
  • I used a Pierced Chain Circle die to cut the dragonfly.
  • The dragonfly was popped up on the pink branch paper with foam tabs.
  • A Tim Holtz Heirloom Floral blue flower was placed at the bottom right side of the circle diecut .

Celeste is a pro at sketches and I can't wait to see what she has in store for us this month You can see her card over at Crafting Junky . Maria Batan's project can be seen over at Maria Giselle's Creative Cuts . You can also find her on  IG @ mariagiselleb . 

For my coffee this month I am drinking an Iced Maple Donut coffee from a clearance Starbucks cup .. This is a $30 cup that I found at a local grocery store Starbucks for $3  !!! The Maple Donut coffee is from Dollar Tree and is low in carbs and calories . It's a nice pick-me-up at work in the afternoon. I bought 15 the last time I was there - Maple Donut, Vanilla and Mocha. And yes, it's about 30 degrees here and I'm drinking ice coffee !! But luckily we didn't get hit with any of that terrible snow that others are dealing with - just the bitter cold. 



Thanks so much for joining us as we kick off 2024 with Coffee & Cards !! We hope you are inspired to make some cards of your own and also to take the time to enjoy a fabulous cup of coffee ( or tea or cocoa ) !! We enjoyed having Maria as our guest and hope to invite other crafty friends throughout the year ..

Until next time.... stay warm and creative !!

 

Debra Davison / Meticulosity



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing me to play with you and Celeste with this sketch. Love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sketches are not always easy! I love your card and how it works with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that dragonfly and the gorgeous papers you paired with it. You totally rocked the sketch. And, yum to that coffee and that fabulous Starbucks mug! Gotta love a good after Christmas deal!

    ReplyDelete