Sunday, May 28, 2023

Coffee & Cards with Deb and Celeste / May 2023

Celeste and I decided on an "Anything Goes" theme for our posts this month. It is a dreary, rainy weekend here in Virginia Beach . Otherwise known as a perfect day to create !! A hot cup of coffee in a new cup makes it even better . We hope you like our cards for May ..


I recently bought a new coffee cup with a favorite artist on it - Frida Kahlo .. I remembered I had a stamp/die set with a Frida image and that was when this post was born !! La Fina Latina by Crafty Chica for Sizzix is a framelits with stamps set .



  • I placed a strip of washi from the Tim Holtz Travel Set down the left side of a bright yellow card base.
  • The La Fina Latina images were stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on white cardstock and then cut out with the matching dies. I stamped/cut 3 of the butterflies.
  • The images were colored with my COPICS.
  • I adhered a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Pocket Card next to the strip of washi . It was trimmed to fit the card base.
  • I popped up the La Fina Latina images on the Pocket Card with foam tabs .
  • A Glitter Clear Wink of Stella Brush Pen  was used around the Frida image. 

I love how easily this card came together. The Pocket Card created a nice background for the Frida images and I did not have to search endlessly for the perfect piece of patterned paper . LOL  You can see what Celeste created for our Anything Goes theme over at her blog - Crafting Junky .

I was happy to use my new Frida cup while I created my card .. I found it at TJ Maxx ( actually bought it in 2 colors/designs ) . I'm drinking Pecan Praline coffee with Cinnamon Churro creamer . Fabulous combination ..


Thank you for sharing your time with me and Celeste again as we have coffee and make cards this month . We look forward to seeing you again in June. Until then, find some time for yourself with something creative and a nice hot cup of coffee or tea !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this card Deb! The stamped images against the tropical background papers are divine, and your matching mug are beyond perfection!

    ReplyDelete