Wednesday, May 13, 2020

May Cookies / 2020 - 1

Challenge #142 at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie gave me the opportunity to use a fun stamp set that I have had for awhile but hadn't inked up yet .. The inspiration photo is whimsical and sweet. But I somehow managed to make a card that is a bit snarky AND involves coffee !!


I used the Rabbit Hole Designs  Caffeinated - Unicorn stamp set for  my card. They have a whole line of animal/coffee stamps and matching dies. Another favorite of mine is the Caffeinated - Reindeer , which I'm sure you will be seeing in a future blog post !!


 Caffeine Makes Me Sparkle

  • I stamped the unicorn on Strathmore 400 Series Watercolor Paper with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink .
  • The sentiment was stamped on a journal card with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink  and then trimmed to fit on the side of the stamped unicorn.
  • I used Spectrum Noir Aqua Blend Watercolor Pencils and TUL Metallic Gel Pens to color the image.
  • On a tan card base, I adhered 2 pieces of coordinating coffee-themed papers from a fabulous Craft Smart paper pad Brewtiful Day - found at Michaels .
  • I adhered the unicorn on top of the patterned papers.
  • The sentiment was popped up on the side of the unicorn image with foam tabs.
  • It's hard to see but I added sparkle with a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush - clear .
  • I  CASEed this card from one made by Cristena of Copictopia on IG -- you can check out her card HERE on her IG page. Thanks, Cristena - I have been thinking about making this card ever since I saw yours !!


 This challenge runs through May 27 .. I'd love for you to link up a project of your own in the next 2 weeks.  You can look at the projects by some other Design Team members HERE . I hope that you all are doing well with this pandemic we are dealing with . I'm trying to stay busy and limit my online shopping !! Please take care and stay safe.. 

Until next time...
Stay Creative..

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

No comments:

Post a Comment