Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May Cookies / 2020 - 2

This Challenge is #143 at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie and the inspiration photo is bright, fun and masculine. Not that tools can't be for a woman, but I'm also thinking of Father's Day coming up. So, interpret the photo in our own way and link up a project for us ..


For my card, I used a different play on tools .. My guy, Brian is an excellent chef and loves to cook on the grill. So my "tools" are for grilling - tongs and a fork !!



  • I used the digi stamp BBQ Bear by Lily of the Valley Digi Shop on ETSY. The images were printed on a piece of light brown cardstock and Neenah Stardust White cardstock .
  • I fussy-cut the bear pieces out of the light brown paper and adhered them to the image on the Stardust White cardstock.
  • I cut the cardstock to fit on a navy A2 card base.
  • I colored the image with a variety of markers - Sharpies, Faber-Castell and  Brea Reese.
  • The tools were colored with a metallic TUL pen.
  • I adhered 3 strips of paper that coordinated with the colors in the inspiration photo and placed them horizontally down the  right side of the card .
  • A paper-punched cork heart was stapled to the upper area of the Bear using a turquoise staple. 
  • The BBQ Bear image was adhered over the strips of paper on the left side of the card.
Take a moment and look at the other projects from the Design Team over at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie BLOG . I'm excited to see what they have created !! I hope that you are all staying safe and keeping busy as we navigate these times of COVID-19.My creative motivation comes and goes. But I try to do something creative every day, even if it's just looking at a craft magazine or stamps that I haven't used yet !!

Until next time  ...
Stay Creative


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

3 comments:

  1. Super sweet. Nicely done. Love the whole thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card!! That bear grilling fish wearing his fish apron is just too funny.

    ReplyDelete