Wednesday, April 29, 2020

April Cookies / 2020 - 3

The latest Challenge at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie is all about droids, wookies and princesses. I know everything about those because my guy is a bit of a Star Wars fan !! We hope that you will link up a project of your own for Challenge #141 - you have through May 13 to show us that the Force is with you !!


I'm a Star Wars fan too but also a fan of the late Carrie Fisher. So for my project, I chose to make a card with the image of Princess Leia. And I used a digi stamp set  from one of my favorite companies - Vera Lane Studio .The set also comes with a Yoda image and a second sentiment.  This card has my guy's seal of approval. I did honor his one request -- NO GLITTER !!!

  • I adhered a piece of galaxy-patterned paper to a white card base.
  • I printed the Leia design on a piece of Neenah Stardust White cardstock and fussy-cut the image.
  • The sentiment was printed on a piece of blue-green paper and trimmed to fit next to Leia.
  • Princess Leis was colored  with a variety of my favorite markers -  Staedtler, Faber-Castell  and Akashiya Sai .
  • I adhered the Princes towards the left side of the card and then the sentiment next to her towards the bottom of the card. 
  • Two sequins wee placed in the center of the 2 stars on the patterned paper.

Well, I hope that you like my project, whether you are a Star Wars fan or not. We will definitely be celebrating on May 4th with a Star Wars marathon - May 4th = May the Force Be With You ..  I'd love to see you link up a project in the next 2 weeks for this challenge. Also take a look at the other projects by my teammates over at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie .

Due to COVID-19, we are still staying home here in Virginia and I'm still working full time as a nurse. I'm not in direct patient care but I do work in the Telemetry Department  of my hospital remotely monitoring patients. I am hoping we have seen the worst of COVID-19 and continue to improve in our numbers so that we can soon lift  some restrictions. How are you doing these days ?? Are you more creative or more distracted ?? I really do alternate between both. But I knew I couldn't pass up this Star Wars theme..

Please take care and stay safe wherever you are.
Until next time, stay creative !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

2 comments: