Wednesday, March 18, 2020

March Cookies / 2020 - 2

Cookie Challenge #138 at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie had me thinking about Spring - and with all we are dealing with these days,it was a welcome task to create a card.  I am in several letter-writing groups and I send lots of postcards. I had the perfect stamp set to create a fun postcard to send to someone special. Isn't this the sweetest Inspiration photo ???


The stamp set I used is Special Delivery from The Cat's Pajamas PaperArts.  I have had it for awhile but hadn't ever inked it up. I especially loved the bird garland and thought of that set as soon as I saw this Challenge.

the promise of all things made new

  • I started off by choosing a 4x6 Strathmore Watercolor Postcard.
  • Using my MISTI, I stamped the bird garland on the right side of the postcard towards the top., with Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.
  • I placed strips of Wendy Wecchi Make Art Washi Tape down the left side of the postcard, using 3 of the coordinating patterns.
  • The signpost, rabbit and house were stamped together, using my MISTI to get proper placement and a nice crisp black design.
  • I colored the elements with a variety of my favorite markers - Staedtler, Tombow and Faber-Castell.
  • Along the bottom of the postcard, I placed a strip of beautiful Hand-painted Wildflowers washi tape from PaperHouse Productions.I folded it so there is also a strip on the other side of the card.

We would love it if you linked up a project during this Challenge - you have through April 1 to be inspired by our lovely photo. Head on over to the Challenge Blog to see what the other Design Team members have created !! 

Until next time, please stay safe. Curl up with a good book or make a card. Listen to some music or call a friend you haven't spoken to in awhile.  Practice social-distancing while still staying connected to friends and family. And stay creative !!  

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Especially the little bunny. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just precious! I love that bunny and all of those beautiful washi tapes~!

    ReplyDelete