Sunday, March 22, 2020

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste / March 2020

So, who else needs a break from all of the COVID-19 craziness ?!?! I know that I do .. I'm an RN and work at a hospital and the word "stress" does not even begin to address the way I am feeling on a daily basis.  So I was happy to create this weekend with my buddy, Celeste and we went back to basics for this month's post. Our theme is COFFEE !!  I had a fabulous Inspiration photo picked out and a few stamp sets in mind. Then I spotted a coffee cup at Starbucks earlier this month and my card idea was born !! You'll see what I mean at the end of this post ..


I have to admit that I bought the Posh Planters stamp set by Paper Smooches for the cute VW bus planter but it was the scenic coffee cup also in the set that was perfect for this post !! I do not have a green thumb at all so the closest I get to having beautiful plants is through my papercrafting ..  


  • The scenic cup planter was stamped on a piece of watercolor paper with Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.
  • I colored the cup with my favorite markers - Faber Castell, Staedtler  and Tombow Dual Brush - and then fussy-cut the image.
  • The silver area on the cup was colored with a Brea Reese metallic marker.
  • I cut a piece of wood-grain paper and adhered it to my card base.
  • The sentiment - also from the Posh Planters stamp set - was stamped inside a pale green hexagon on a piece of patterned paper, also with Nocturne Ink and then fussy-cut.
  • The cup was adhered to the lower right corner of the wood-grain paper  with Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue.
  • The sentiment was popped up on the upper left side of the wood-grain paper with foam tabs.


Today I am drinking Ethiopian coffee from my new Starbucks cup that I found at my local Target.  I almost jumped for joy when I saw that cup because I immediately thought of the  Posh Planters stamp set and that is the exact moment that this blog post was born !!  Isn't it funny how we come up with ideas for our cards sometimes ?? I'm excited to see what Celeste created  - you can see her  card over at Crafting Junky.  We both sure do love our coffee !! I hope that you can find some quiet time to create -- make a cup of your favorite coffee and choose a pretty cup to drink it out of. It's the simple things that can really make our days brighter .. 


Until next time -
Stay Creative

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

8 comments:

  1. Love your card, and love that gorgeous mug! Thanks for sharing your creativity Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for all that you do. I can't begin to imagine how work has been for you.
    Your new mug is beautiful and I love your card....perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I enjoyed the story of how it came to be. Keeping you in my prayers as you go to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! I love the saying and it's perfect since we have an aloe plant in the garden that is blooming! And I love how your coffee mug goes perfect with the theme today. LOL Try not to stress today. I cannot imagine what it must for you on a daily basis now and thanks for doing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all you do! I didn't know you were an RN! Prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love thos card Deb! And it's perfect with that pretty mug you're sipping your coffee from. Stay safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a green thumb either, so I totally understand! :) Your card is adorable and I love the inspiration scene!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet! And no green thumb here ;)

    ReplyDelete