Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - March 2020

Well, last month I had the flu and now this month, we are all in the midst of  the COVID-19 pandemic. In Virginia where I live, our Governor just cancelled school for the remainder of the school year. We are asked to not gather in groups over 10 and to social distance when out, but I'm afraid we will be asked not to leave our homes unless absolutely necessary if  the cases continue to rise as quickly as they have been. I'm an RN and considered "essential" personnel at the hospital so I am expected to be at work when scheduled.  I hope that all of you are staying safe and can get the necessary supplies. I know that in times like this, I create to decrease my stress level.  Our Crafty Elves' Countdown has me looking forward to December and the holidays and that is nice. Thinking about the future one card at a time. 



I chose  the stamps Moonstruck by Marylinn Kelly and 5 Trees  by Kae Pea for Rubber Moon for my first card . They have so many fun stamps for Christmas AND all year long !!


  • I stamped the Moonstruck image on watercolor paper and the 5 Trees on a multi-colored patterned paper.
  • The images were then colored and fussy-cut.
  • I adhered the images to some fun journal cards. I have an addiction to journal cards and know that I must have thousands !! 
  • On the journal card with only the Santa image, I placed a strip of Watercolor Words washi below Santa.
  • The completed journal cards were adhered to red card bases.


  • I stamped that sweet kitten from a Recollections stamp set from Michaels on a piece of watercolor paper.
  • The image was colored with my favorite markers.
  • A sentiment from Small Talk Stickers by Tim Holtz Idea-ology was placed below the stocking.
  • I adhered the stamped image to a black striped card base.
  •  A sliver glitter heart fit perfectly in the space on the left side of the stocking.
  • I placed a piece of Animal Christmas washi from Michaels along the bottom of the card.

  • I am absolutely in love with this Posh Planters stamp set from Paper Smooches. I stamped the VW image on watercolor paper and fussy-cut it.
  • The image was colored with a variety of my favorite markers.
  • On a white card base, I adhered a piece of black patterned paper ( it has the word "merry' all over it ).
  • The Christmas Exhibition and Special Delivery die -cuts are from a  Tim Holtz Christmas Ephemera Pack. I adhered them to the black patterned paper.
  • The VW image was popped up on the bottom right corner of the card with foam tabs.
  • The joy on the license plate is also from Small Talk stickers.

  • This cute little penguin was in the same Recollections stamp set as the kitten in the stocking. I stamped it and the sentiment on a piece of watercolor paper, then cut the image to fit my red card base.
  • I colored the image with a variety of markers.
  • The stamped image was mounted on a piece of silver glitter paper and then that was adhered to my card base.
  • I'll admit that this was my last card made and my mind was elsewhere. I'm not entirely happy with my coloring but he is starting to grow on me !!
The other Crafty Elves have also been busy and I hope that you will check out their holiday goodies over at their blogs .

Lisa Reynolds Bzibziak - https://bzscrapper66.blogspot.com/
Jessica from Polka Dot Orchard is taking a break this month but will be back soon


I also want to give a shout-out to my friend Vannessa Osbourn . She has been following our Crafty Elves' posts from the beginning and was inspired to start creating  along with us. You can see many of her cards on the Unity ( show & tell ) page on Facebook . She is also on  Instagram @ VCLAIREO . This is just one of her many fabulous cards !!  I love the patterned paper she used  and you all know that any stamp with a coffee cup is a favorite of mine !!











I hope that all of you stay safe and have everything that you need. Take some time to call a friend or check on a neighbor . Today I found eggs at the grocery store  ( finally ) and bought a dozen for my next-door neighbor. When I took them over, she gave me 2 small bottles of hand sanitizer ( cranberry, my favorite scent ). As we practice social distancing , we still need to connect with others. We are doing that with our Countdown to Christmas and are so happy that you have come to visit this month.

Until next time -
Stay Creative

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

10 comments:

  1. Love the RubberMoon designs and all of the cards! The kitty in the stocking is adorable too. Great cards for your stash!
    I'm in CA and our guidelines are about the same as in your state. I think they will tighten them up some more soon. Thanks for all you do at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards a delight as are your friends - and I am with you - love her coffee card - have a blessed week and wishing you safety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome creations, I especially love the snowmen! Praying for safety for you and your family and especially for the medical community, truckers,grocery story employees etc etc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Christmas cards - very vintage-y! Love it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so glad to see your post... I’ve been looking forward to the Christmas Elves and all your lovely cards!! I was so inspired last month I started a Christmas card but I haven’t had a chance to finish it... lol! Thank you for sharing pretty cards to brighten our days during these uncertain and scary times. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful variety of cards and thanks for your service as a RN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the santa ones and Vanessa is killing it too!!! Love that you brought your neighbor eggs and exchanged hand sanitizer! I just sent 25 cards to my grandma's nursing home to cheer them up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I love your kitty peaking out of the stocking card since we share a love of kitties! Thanks for sharing some of my Christmas cards on your blog. It's been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I love your cards! That vintage looking Santa is too cool!

    ReplyDelete