Wednesday, July 25, 2018

July Cookies - Take 2

It's a tropical theme on our Challenge Blog at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie for the next 2 weeks and our sponsor this time is Lemon Shortbread.  They have some fantastic digis and coloring pages in their Etsy shop !! The inspiration for this challenge certainly got me in  a tropical mood.


I used a fun stamp set from Bombshell Stamps . They have the best vintage/retro designs  and I definitely had the perfect set for this challenge !!


  • On a piece of Neenah Stardust White cardstock, I stamped the palm tree , hula girl, tropical flower and Mahalo to create a scene, using  Memories India Black ink.
  • I also stamped several starfish and shells on the same cardstock with the same ink. The stamp are all from the Bombshell Stamps set Hula Girl .
  • The images were colored with my Akashiya SAI Brush Markers .
  • I fussy-cut the shells and adhered them near the palm tree using foam tabs and MONO Aqua Liquid Glue - both from Tombow.
  • A piece of tropical patterned paper from an Authentique "Utopia" paper pad was adhered to the left side of a Kraft card base. 
  • I adhered the tropical scene to the right side of the card, leaving the patterned paper showing on the left side. A Tombow MONO Adhesive+ Permanent runner was used. 
  • A piece of thin gold washi and a piece of pink striped washi were placed lengthwise down the edge of the tropical scene.
  • A bit of fine glitter was used for the pearl to add a bit of shimmer.

 

I was very happy with how this card turned out !! It was really a fun card to color !! I'm sure my teammates have created some fun projects that you can check out HERE on the Challenge Blog. Pull out your tropical stamps, paper etc. and link a project up before August 9. You just might win some fabulous digis from our sponsor Lemon Shortbread.

I'm so glad you visited Meticulosity to check out this Challenge.
Debra Davison

No comments:

Post a Comment