Thursday, June 21, 2018

Sharing My heART

It's no secret that I love the art of letter writing. I absolutely love Snail Mail and connecting with friends near and far by mail. One of the projects I always look forward to being involved in is the Global Postcard Art Swap ( heART exchange ) . They have exchanges 3-4 times a year and you are given 3 people to send handmade postcards to. The theme for this swap was Nature Quotes. My postcards this time are being sent to Mexico, Wisconsin and Georgia.


  • The beautiful floral design from Stampendous was stamped onto some old dictionary pages, a wood grain paper and also some patterned paper.
  • I fussy cut the flowers from the patterned papers and adhered them to the stamped images on the dictionary pages. 
  • The quote was printed from my computer. I have always loved this quote - it reminds me to relax and breathe !! Everything happens in its own time. 
  • I adhered the dictionary pages to plain kraft postcards that I purchased on Amazon. 50 postcards for $9.99. A great deal and my favorites to create with !!
  • The leaves were colored with various green shades of Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens.
  • I adhered the quote to the postcards and then added some borders from a Tim Holtz "Scallops" On The Edge die.
  • Using my MISTI, I stamped another favorite quote from a Stampin' Up set on the opposite side  of the postcard.
  • I placed the postcards in clear envelopes and sent them on their way . 







I hope you've enjoyed seeing my postcards for the Global Postcard heART Swap. If you are a lover of Snail Mail and creativity, I hope you will consider joining in on the next Swap. Louise Gale is a fantastic hostess and amazing artist.  You can learn more about her HERE.

I received my first postcard from Vicki Oster from Florida.It's a gorgeous hand-drawn scene.It will go up on the board in my studio  for inspiration !!  I love it !!


Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity !!

Debra Davison

No comments:

Post a Comment