Sunday, June 24, 2018

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste - 6/24

Once again, Celeste and I are collaborating on our challenge. And for June, we've again invited our friend Michael Trent back to join in with us. He is a New Yorker living in Brasil and is an amazing papercrafter. He can be found at World of Michael Trent and also on You Tube.  Celeste had suggested either a sketch challenge or else a masculine card. I said we should do both !! So I chose one of the sketches she had found and we decided to put a masculine spin on it. I am not very good at sketch challenges but this one did come easier than the last one we did. I am sure you will get 3 very different projects from us.


I really had no idea what I was going to come up with when I sat down to make my project. I have been involved in a few postcard swaps lately so I decided first to do a postcard. It's really not any different than a card, except it doesn't open up !!


  • I adhered a piece of July 4 paper from a Tim Holtz paper pad to a plain kraft postcard. I cut the paper so the July,  1776 and July 4 images were visible. 
  • On a piece of Neenah Stardust White cardstock, I stamped the USA Blueprint image by Tim Holtz with Staz-On St. Valentine ink
  • The large tag was made with dotted navy blue cardstock and the smaller tag was from a piece of striped paper. I cut the navy tag to approx 3/4 of the card length & the striped tag so only a small area would show under the USA image.
  • I distressed the edges of the USA image.
  • All items were adhered with Tombow MONO Adhesive+.
  • On the address side of the postcard, I placed a few coordinating July 4 paper scraps. I will mail this postcard in a clear envelope.


Please take a look at Celeste's project over at Crafting Junky  And you will find Michael's at World of Michael Trent. I want to thank Michael for joining us again . He is as coffee-obsessed as I am and I really enjoy our long chats across the miles !!

This time, I don't have a coffee cup; I have a French Press to show you !! It was sent to me by my friend Rae and I was so excited by the surprise. I have always wanted to try one but just haven't ever taken the plunge  ( pun intended ) !! I'm waiting until Brian and I have a day off together to actually try it out. Do you have a French Press ?? I know some people swear by theirs. Let me know if you do and if you have any tips for me... Isn't it just so pretty ?!?!?!


Thank you again for visiting Meticulosity. 

Debra Davison

No comments:

Post a Comment