Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January Cookies - Take 2

It's time for Cookie Challenge #86 over at If You Give A Crafter A Cookie and this time we are celebrating birthdays ! Our sponsor for this challenge is Imagine That Digistamp. I hope you will think about joining us in this challenge that is open for 2 weeks beginning Jan. 25. 


Cookie Challenge #86

I couldn't resist using my latest digi-stamps from  Vera Lane Studio. I am a true coffee fanatic and couldn't resist pairing up this fabulous coffee cup with a cute cake image.  I love stamping on patterned paper and realized I can do the same with digi-stamps just by cutting my paper to fit the printer ! Take a look at what I came up with and you can also find my teammate's designs over at the challenge blog.


  • I printed the cake image and sentiment from the Cake Sketches set and the cup from Coffee Cup Collection - both from Vera Lane Studio. The paper was from my patterned-paper scrap drawer. I am trying not to buy so much paper and also to use up what I do have, including scraps !!
  • The card base is from the Lucky Charm Boxed-Card Collection by American Crafts. I love these card bases. They have the best patterns and I can get them at a discount at my local Tuesday Morning. There are 40 envelopes/cards per box. 
  • I fussy-cut the images and also an extra scalloped border & cup bottom. Portions of the images were colored with my favorite Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens
  • Ranger Distress Glitter in Brushed Corduroy was adhered to the top of the cup to make coffee .
  • The cake was popped up with Tombow Foam Tabs. All other images were adhered using Tombow Adhesives - both MONO Aqua Liquid and a MONO Permanent Adhesive runner. 
  • A few colorful sequins were placed around the card base and on the sentiment.  


I'm enjoying being on this team and working more with digi-stamps. It's out of my comfort zone and I like that !! Remember that we have 2 challenges a month over at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie and they are based on the coolest cookie pictures for your inspiration !! Please leave me a comment and let me know how you like my latest card. Are you a fan of digi-stamps ?? I'd love you to link up a birthday project ( digi or regular or anything goes ) on the challenge page.  A big THANK YOU to Imagine That Digistamp for sponsoring this challenge.And once again, I appreciate you visiting me at Meticulosity ..



Debra Davison / Meticulosity

No comments:

Post a Comment