I am so excited to be a new member of the Design Team for If You Give a Crafter a Cookie. They began in 2014 and have 2 challenges each month. Each challenge is based on a picture of cookies, which intrigued me right away !! I hope that some of my creative friends will link a project up to their blog. There are prizes each month from some great sponsors !! Here is the picture for Cookie Challenge #85, which runs from Jan. 11-24. I hope you like what I've come up with and also take a look at what my team-mates created.
Cookie Challenge #85
We were just in the path of Winter Storm Grayson, so I wanted to make a bright, cheery card. I got out my new Distress Crayons and a fun Unity stamp and this is what I came up with !!
- I stamped Lauren from Unity Stamp Company twice; once on Neenah Stardust White Cardstock and once on a piece of word-patterned paper with my favorite Memories India Black Ink.
- The shirt, pants and flower/leaves were then fussy-cut separately from the word-patterned image.
- I then colored these fussy-cut flower/leaves and pants with Distress Crayons. The color was applied to each piece, then blended with my finger, adding more color as needed. This was SO much fun to do -- now I need more colors !!
- The intact stamped image of the girl was colored with a combo of my favorite Distress Markers and Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pens and some glitter pens; then adhered to a bright green card base at an angle.
- Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue was used to adhere the pants, shirt and flower/leaves to the Lauren image,
- THANKS was applied with some Prima Marketing canvas letters from my stash. See, it pays to buy those letters at Tuesday Morning even when you don't have a clue what you will be doing with them !!
- A strip of grass washi was placed along the bottom of the stamped image.
- I have to give a shout-out to Echo Noble, an amazing stamper/papercrafter who inspired ths card . I saw her video using this Distress Crayons technique with this stamp and I was hooked !!
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity and taking a look at my first Cookie Challenge !! I hope that some of you will link up a fun THANK YOU project -- each Challenge runs for 2 weeks. The prize for this Challenge will be a ribbon sampler to use in your future creations. I'm excited to be on this team and can't wait for Challenge # 86.
Debra Davison / Meticulosity,blogspot.com