Sunday, February 4, 2024

Sisters

I grew up in a small town in northeastern Pennsylvania . I had one brother who was 6 years older than me. My mother had 9 brothers and sisters, so there were lots of cousins who lived nearby that I saw quite often. My best friend was from a large Italian family too - she had 9 younger brothers and sisters.  But I always wished for a sister of my own ; had a picture in my head of a wonderful relationship with someone who just would get me, love me and my quirky side no matter what .. When I saw this Sister Therapy stamp from the latest Technique Junkies Release, it took me back to my childhood when I wanted to have a sister so very badly !! And I could also hear my mom's voice telling me - "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it ." LOL  I made this card for my friend Xenia to send to her sister in New York . I asked her their favorite colors ( black and gray !!! )  . And then I also used my favorite color - RED . I hope they both like it as much as I enjoyed making it.




  • I stamped the Sister Therapy image with 3 colors of Memento ink - Black Tuxedo, Gray Flannel and Lady Bug -  on white Mixed-Media paper.
  • I cut a piece of red patterned paper to fit an A2 card and adhered it to a pink card base.
  • The Sister Therapy image was die-cut with a Rectangle Swirl die.
  • I cut a strip of black patterned paper to fit lengthwise down the red paper and adhered it to the left side of the card.
  • The Sisters image was popped up on the card base with foam tabs.
  • Small red pearls were placed on the strip of black paper.

Don't forget that all of the new February Release stamps are 15% off through February 8. No code is needed for that . AND if you use my code - TJ10Deb - you can get  10% off all other supplies . So if you have a sister, have ever wanted a sister or have a friend who is just like a sister, you NEED this stamp !! I absolutely love it đź’“



Thanks for stopping by . I always appreciate it .
Until next time, Stay Creative !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

No comments:

Post a Comment