Sunday, May 22, 2022

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste / May 2022

May is here and the weather is already summery !! In the 90's this weekend .. We went from winter to summer in the space of a few days, it seems .. I hope we get some cooler temps soon - I am not a fan of sweaty, humid weather. Celeste and I are back with some fun inspiration for you - our theme this month is Gnomes !! I will admit that I have not hopped on the gnome bandwagon .  But I did find this garden gnome for our inspiration photo and would not mind having one of those !!


I do have a very cute gnome stamp/die set that I have used a few times but for today's card I am using the Gnome Sweet Gnome stamp from Impression Obsession Stamps . My first thought was to only color some red highlights, but I did not like how that looked .. So I kept adding more and more colors..  Then I felt like I had overdone it so I stopped .. But now I feel like I have more coloring to do .. So, I am just second-guessing my process .I decided to be happy and post what I've completed and maybe overthink it some more later !!


  • I stamped the Gnome Sweet Gnome image on white cardstock with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink . All individual red rubber stamps were retired at Impression Obsession on 4-30-22 . I am lucky to have an amazing collection and was also able to get a few more before the deadline. So this gnome stamp is no longer available but they are still carrying a variety of other stamps / dies that you can check out HERE .
  • I colored the image with my COPICS.
  • On a yellow card base, I adhered a piece of pale green patterned paper.
  • Gnome Sweet Gnome was then adhered to the patterned paper.
  • Large sequins in a variety of colors were adhered to the bottom right and top left of the stamped image.
I know that Celeste is going to come up with an absolutely amazing gnome card that you can check out at her blog - Crafting Junky .  For my coffee this time , I am drinking Iced Pecan Praline in the sweetest cup I found at Target . It was only $10 so I couldn't resist (of course, when all was said and done, I actually spent a total of $145 that visit ) --- but who's keeping track anyway !!! The little white cat reminds me of our sweet Pixie !!


Thank you for stopping by for some crafty inspiration ... I hope that you are staying busy, staying creative and most of all, staying healthy .. Let me know if you are a gnome fan - I know there are many out there in the creative universe .. Until next time --------


Deb Davison / Meticulosity

3 comments:

  1. Deb, I absolutely adore this sweet little gnome garden scene! And what an amazing find on that precious mug from Target...that is definitely your sweet little Pixie! And you should know better than to go into Target without a list and a plan. That's how they get you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little gnome scene, card, cup and picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute gnome scene. I like how you just colored certain images. I have not jumped on the gnome bandwagon. they are cute --just not my thing.

    ReplyDelete