Wednesday, February 19, 2020

February Cookies / 2020 - 2

Another challenge is here over at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge Blog and this one  - # 136 - is all about Celebrations !! Get inspired by our cookie photo this time and link up a project of your own before March 5. I am currently at home with the flu and a nasty bronchitis so this post will be short and sweet.. 


For my card I used stamps from Anthony's Paper Craft. I am a member of their Design Team also and these are 2 of my favorite stamp sets. Village Set 3 was used for the diner image and Sentiments by DeZinesbyEM  provided the sentiment and cake slice.

  • I had a fabulous Retro paper pad by American Crafts - Sparkle City Project Pad  - that included papers and stickers. The diner was stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink on a piece of cloud-patterned paper, leaving the cool dotted border at the top.
  • The sentiment was stamped above the diner with a Bahama Blue Memento Dew Drop ink .
  • I placed a fun retro arrow sign at the top of the dotted border, pointing down to the diner. 
  • The cake slice was an afterthought when the card was completed but I think it was the perfect touch !!
  • Images were colored with my favorite markers - a variety of Tombows, Faber-Castells & Staedtlers. 
  • I mounted the completed stamped image onto a multi-colored blue card base.
Thank you for stopping by to see my latest post !! Please take a look at all of the other team member's projects over at the main BLOG. We would love for you to link up something of your own too !! The Challenges run for 2 weeks.

This diner stamp reminded me of the Beacon Diner in Hometown, PA. I spent many hours here with my family as a child !! This post brings back some wonderful memories..



Until next time - Stay Creative !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

2 comments:

  1. Love that diner image! Great card!
    Take care and get well! Sorry you've been sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this cool retro diner card Deb! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete