Wednesday, February 5, 2020

February Cookies / 2020 - 1

I wasn't sure what I wanted to make when I saw the latest batch of cookies in the inspiration photo for  challenge #135 at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie !! A baby card, a Valentine ?? Something red, something with hearts or animals ?? I hope that you will get inspired yourself and link a project up of your own before February 20. 


I found this embossing folder/stamp set at Michaels last year on clearance for $1.00 !! It was the perfect time to use it for this card ..


  • I embossed a piece of black cardstock with  a red inner core, using the pawprint embossing folder. 
  • Using my sanding square, I sanded off the top layer of black to show some of the red color underneath .
  • The embossed panel was adhered to a Kraft card base.
  • The cat was stamped on a piece of watercolor paper with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and then fussy-cut.
  • I adhered a Starbucks giftcard in the lower right corner.
  • The cat's Valentine was colored with a red Sharpie marker and then the cat was popped up next to the giftcard with foam tabs.  
This card includes 3 of my favorite things - the color RED, coffee and cats !! I know I will be making many more of these in the future !!  I hope that you love it as much as I do ..  Take a look at the other Design Team member's creations over at the main BLOG page. And link up a project of your own !!


Until next time, Stay Creative.
And thank-you for visiting Meticulosity .


 Debra Davison

3 comments:

  1. Love the kitty and the pawprint background! Awesome gift card design too! Sometimes I'm tempted to grab one just because I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling sweet card, Debra. Love the heart with the Starbucks print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is such a fun take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete