Wednesday, August 21, 2019

August Cookies - Take 2

The Inspiration picture for today's Challenge at  If You Give a Crafter a Cookie is just the cutest !! The llamas, those sunglasses, the cute flowers, those colors !!! I thought I would use the llama, BUT change it up a bit and do a Christmas card . I found the Christmas Llama stamp after the holidays last year for $1.50 and couldn't resist !! This Challenge runs through September 4 and I hope that you will link up a project of your own !!!


I also found a very cute Recollections Holiday Bash  paper pad post-holidays last season and just had to use that sweet pink candy patterned paper for my card ! Do you make holiday cards with non-traditional colors ?? If so, what are your favorite color combos ??


  • I started by cutting a piece of the Holiday Bash paper to fit my green card base.
  • A gold doily was folded over the top left edge of the card to create a corner element.
  • The Inkadinkado FaLaLa Llama was stamped in Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink on Neenah Stardust White cardstock, then trimmed to fit on the lower right side of the card.
  • Several pastel candy dots were placed around the llama.
  • I used a border paper punch to make the JOY design, then cut it to place it at the top of the card across the doily.
  • 2 large Teal candy dots were placed on the left side of the JOY design.
I'm excited to see what my teammates come up with for this Challenge ! You can see their creations over at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Blog . Next month's Challenge will celebrate the 5th anniversary of these amazing cookie challenges.  We are very excited and hope you will join us .

Debra Davison/Meticulosity

1 comment:

  1. What a great card Deb! I love the colors and the fun llama image you used!

    ReplyDelete