Wednesday, August 7, 2019

August Cookies - Take 1

You might think this latest challenge from If You Give a Crafter a Cookie is all about Camping... But you would be wrong !! It's also about why you should never get rid of any stamp sets, craft supplies etc. , even if you haven't used them  ( or seen them ) in years !! Okay, okay, I might be exaggerating just a bit, since I have been giving bags and bags of supplies to good homes.  But if something just isn't that easy to part with, well - maybe you should keep it  ( at least for a little longer ) !!


So, when I first saw this challenge inspiration photo, my first thought was - " I don't have any camping stamps !! " I also didn't want to have to buy any - digi or otherwise. I was trying to come up with an idea - maybe use the colors or a camper stamp ( I do have a few of those ) - when I remembered a stamp set I knew I had purchased many, many years ago,  I could picture it - I remembered S'mores and little animals.  But I also thought I had given it away a long time ago.. But, had I really ??  I began searching and after a few hours of frantic digging through box after box, I found it !! S'more Love by Cosmo Cricket - from 2012 and no longer available but still well-loved !! You would have thought I had found the Hope Diamond, or Amelia Earhart's plane or the lost city of Atlantis !!  I know there was a bit of jumping up and down for joy !!!

Sometimes you just need s'more love .....

  • I stamped the marshmallow and the chocolate bar  several times, using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. Each was stamped first on a piece of scrap burlap-patterned paper to create a scene. I also stamped the marshmallow on  white cardstock and the chocolate bar on a piece of  light brown cardstock.
  • The background scene was adhered to a Kraft cardstock base - a starry night paper at the top and the burlap at the bottom.
  • I fussy-cut the marshmallow and the chocolate bar and adhered them on top of their images that were already stamped on the card base paper.
  • I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of yellow wood-grain paper, also in Hot Cocoa ink and placed it at the top of the card base image.
  • Several clear rhinestones were placed on the stars in the night sky.
My fellow Design Team members have also put their creative spin on this theme for Challenge  # 123. Please take a look at them over at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie blog . Thank you for checking out my latest post. I'm sure that some of you can relate to my "destash" story and why it can be so hard to part with certain items !!

This Challenge runs through August 21 - we would love for you to link up a project with our current theme .. I look forward to seeing what you create !! Thank you for once again visiting me at Meticulosity !!


Debra Davison 

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I have this stamp set too and your card has inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fun vintage card Deb! It reminds me of the cartoon commercials I used to see when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am loving your cute retro card with the smiling s'mores! Now I have even more justification for keeping all those old stamps and supplies around, "just in case"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! I was excited to see it since I also have this stamp set! Found it a while back in Tuesday Morning along with a paper pack and some other embellishments. It’s so cute that I can’t part with it either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! I love the retro look to your fun card!
    I can also be accused of keeping my crafty stuff.... as soon as I get rid of something, I'm sure to need it!

    ReplyDelete