Saturday, July 13, 2019

Petals for the Pittmans

I am here today to  tell you about my involvement in a fundraiser - Petals for the Pittmans -  for a member of our creative community,  Larissa Collins Pittman. She and her husband Gary are facing some difficult medical challenges. You can read all the fundraiser details  at the Polka Dot Orchard Blog. I was given a digi design to use and absolutely love it . It is one of many digis that will be included in an exclusive set by Polka Dot Orchard  that will be available to purchase in their Etsy shop for a limited time only . Anyone who links up any floral project will be eligible for one of many prizes.  If you use the exclusive digi set,  you will get a bonus entry for prizes. We hope that you are inspired to become involved and create along with us.




My card uses a sunflower digi by Phyllis Harris, made exclusively for this fundraiser. It was perfect for me because I love to fussy-cut. 

  • On a yellow card base, I adhered a piece of  Studio Calico Lemon Lush paper. I cut the paper to include the words - Hello, Today, Forever, Life, The Best is Yet To Come and Stop Everything & Dance.
  • I printed the sunflowers, fussy-cut them and then colored them with a collection of my favorite markers.
  • The sunflowers were popped up with some foam tabs. 
  • A gold glitter pen was used to highlight some areas on the petals.
The Polka Dot Orchard Design Team has created some wonderful cards and I hope that you will take a look at all of them. Please take some time to go to the Polka Dot Orchard blog and get inspired.  And be sure to look at the floral digi set made especially for this fundraiser.All proceeds from this  set in the Etsy shop will go to the Pittmans. 

Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity once again .

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

2 comments: