Wednesday, July 24, 2019

July Cookies - Take 2

I was a bit stumped at first when I saw the inspiration photo for Challenge # 122 over at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie . I don't have young children or grandchildren and I'm not particularly into Robots.. BUT I  am always up for a Challenge, so I put my thinking cap on and searched the Internet !! I was lucky enough to find a free Robots digi that I really liked -- and as they say, the rest is history !!



My friend Carmelita loves Robots and I will be sending my card to her after this Challenge is complete !! Those 2 little robot cookies are just the sweetest ... How could I not be totally inspired ?!?!?!


  • A white-striped embossed square card was the base for my project.
  • I printed the Dearie Dolls Robots digi onto Neenah Stardust White cardstock. I also printed it onto a piece of gray designer paper.
  • The large robot was fussy-cut out of the gray paper.
  • I trimmed the white Robot print-out to fit on the embossed card, leaving a margin.
  • I trimmed a piece of silver glitter paper to make a thin mat around the robot print-out.
  • The gray robot and white robot printout were colored with a variety of my favorite markers - Distress markers, Sharpies, Flair pens and Faber-Castell. 
  • The sentiments were stamped on the printed image, using a blak and a red ik pad. The sentiments are from an exclusive stamp set by  Heffy Doodle that were made for Creativation a few years ago. 
  • The translation sentiment  was popped up using  foam tabs.

This Challenge runs from July 25 through August 7. We hope that you will create something using our inspiration photo and link it up. Thanks to all of you who have participated in our Challenges in the past..  It really means alot !! Take a look at all of the Design Team projects to see what they all did with those sweet little 'bots !!

Until next time, Stay Creative !!

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

1 comment:

  1. What a fun digital image and I love the way you colored it!

    ReplyDelete