Challenge #91 over at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge Blog is all about transportation. Our fun inspiration photo features, trains, planes, automobiles, hot air balloons etc.. The sponsor for this challenge is The Cutting Cafe.
In case you didn't know, April is National Letter Writing Month. I absolutely love snail mail and writing and receiving letters and postcards. I am in a group that celebrates this BIG TIME !! I have a penpal for the entire month and have sent something every day to Snohomish, WA. My penpal is a world traveler and I made my card for her. She's been to an ice hotel in Finland, traveled to South Korea and visited St. Petersburg, Russia , just to name a few.
- I adhered a piece of patterned paper from the Uncharted Paper Pad to a piece of turquoise cardstock for my card base. This paper pad has the most amazing map images and it is available at Hobby Lobby.
- The Retro Van was stamped on Stardust White paper and also a scrap of blue patterned paper; then colored and fussy-cut.
- I stamped the sentiment with Embossing ink and used Adirondack "Bottle" Embossing Powder to create a fun sheen.I don't emboss as much as I should. This embossing powder is really gorgeous !!
- I used a scalloped die to cut out the sentiment and also the next larger size die for a contrasting colored scalloped mat for a layer under the sentiment.
- Using Tombow Mono Adhesive +, I adhered the sentiment to the upper left of the card base.
- I popped up the Retro Van in the lower right corner of the card base using Tombow Foam Tabs.
I took the picture of this card on top of my vintage Hermes Rocket typewriter. I bought it from a friend who found it at a thrift store. It still works and I have been using it for some letters to my penpal. My teammates have also been inspired by this challenge and I hope you will check them out here. This challenge runs for 2 weeks and we'd love for you to link up a project for a chance at a prize from The Cutting Cafe.
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity !
Celebrate National Letter Writing Month by sending some a handwritten letter !!