Sunday, June 22, 2014

i LOVE washi.....

Okay, I'll admit it. I am addicted to washi tape. All kinds, sizes,colors. Actual washi tape AND washi tape rubber stamps. Where did this obsession come from ?? I have no idea, can't explain it, but after buying my first roll ( Christmas washi actually ), I was hooked. I have never counted how many rolls I own; probably because knowing exactly how many I have would maybe prevent me from ever buying another roll again !! I probably used my first washi tape as a border on Christmas cards and now it is one of my go-to supplies.. Sometimes I need to tell myself to just STOP and leave well-enough alone.. " That card does NOT need another embellishment " is what I hear that voice in my head saying... My washi collection is large but I am hoping that someone will see this picture below and tell me that they have WAY more washi than I do and I don't have a problem at all !!


I use utensil holders and desk organizers to store my washi...



Unity Stamp Company has the cutest washi staamps... 
The rolls of washi are by Hazel & Ruby...



Another favorite of mine is this "Yours Truly" stamp set by Glitz 



Now for a few examples....





I feel better now that I have opened up about my obsession with all things washi !! Funny thing is that I didn't even show you my entire collection... I am hoping that sharing this with you will inspire you to get out your rolls of washi or even to buy that first roll and CREATE !!



6 comments:

  1. One can never have too much washi. Super cute cards Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Terri !! I always enjoy creating something
    with washi ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my first 2 little rolls this weekend on clearance. Not sure what to do with them. I love to make cards, so I'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do so much with it !! Use it on the top or bottom of a card as a border... Place diagonal pieces on alternating corners of a "Polaroid" picture...I even made a card with a tree using different sized pieces and put a glittery star on top.... Would love to see what you come up with !! Have fun....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wrap pencils. Seal bill envelopes. Decorate a mirror. Jazz up a candle holder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the wrap pencils idea !!! Will have to try that for work ... Thanks for the great ideas !!

    ReplyDelete