Thursday, June 4, 2020

Lavinia Guest Designer - Challenge #28

I was so thrilled to be chosen to be a Guest Designer this month for Lavinia World . They have a Challenge Blog with a new Anything Goes Challenge every 2 weeks.  My projects will be posted in the June 4 & 18 Challenges with links to my Meticulosity blog post. I am extremely thrilled to be working with such a fantastic company . Their stamps are whimsical and can be used to create beautiful scenes !! And their Design Team have been beyond welcoming and supportive ..

Welcome to Lavinia World Challenge #28


Dance with the fairies and Talk to the moon

Lavinia World Supplies Used :


  • For this card, I cut a piece of the Delight paper 4 x 6 inches to fit the scene I had in my head.  I positioned the stamps on my MISTI  and that gave me an idea of the paper size I needed .
  • I stamped the snail, mushrooms and toadstool images on the Delight  paper with VersaFine Nocturne ink.
  • The sentiment was stamped on watercolor paper also with Nocturne ink, trimmed to size and then cut in half.
  • The moon was stamped on Delight paper and paper-punched into a 1 3/8" circle. I also paper-punched 3 watercolor paper circles and adhered all of them together with the stamped circle for added thickness.
  • Silver molding paste and a Tim Holtz Bubble layering stencil were used on the left side of the Delight paper to add some dimension . I added it at a diagonal from top to bottom where I knew I would be placing the moon. I also took into consideration where I would be placing the stamped images.
  • Sugar Shimmer Fairy Dust Glitter was sprinkled over the molding paste for added shimmer.
  • The sentiment was adhered above the snail on the upper right side.
  • The moon was adhered over the stenciled area at the upper left.
  • I placed black rhinestones on the tips of the snail's tentacles.
  • The finished image was popped up on a navy blue cardstock card base leaving a margin on all sides.

These stamps are a dream to work with . Take a look at the projects from the Design Team over at the Challenge Blog . Get inspired and think about linking up a project of your own. You could win a $15 gift code to Lavinia World .The Challenge at the blog post is Anything Goes - you can use any clear or rubber stamp, it does not have to be Lavinia ( but no digi stamps are allowed ). You can also post a project to their Anything Lavinia Facebook page  if you use a Lavinia World product ( stamps, paper ). You have until Monday, June 15 to enter this Challenge.


Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my post !!  This card  is a bit different than my usual style cards but I had fun being out of my comfort zone and stretching my creativity .. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think .. 

Until next time, 
Stay safe AND creative..

Debra Davison/ Meticulosity

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Debra, on your GDT spot with LW! Your artwork is incredible, and I love all the textures you add bringing out the sparkle and joy in y our scenes! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words !! These stamps are wonderful to work with !!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being chosen to be a guest designer. That's so cool. As is your card. Love it...love the snail (as you know) but I also love the textures and that moon rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun with this -- after I got over my nerves !! I'm so glad you like it !!

      Delete
  3. Debra- Congrats again! it's been so fun watching your card come to life in the team. I just love this card. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you saying that !! It was a fun process -- I guess I channeled my inner fairy !!

      Delete
  4. Welcome Debra - great card, love all the texture and color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much !! I was inspired by the team's creativity !! I loved working with the textures, dimensions AND of course the glitter !!!

      Delete
  5. Debra, i am so loving what you created, it's wonderful. I am also glad you have joined the team as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much .. I am thrilled to be working with the team !! I loved creating this card !!

      Delete
  6. Hi and welcome! Your project is absolutely wowww! Love the mixed media touch and all the bits and pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background is Lavinia paper which was perfect !! It was fun layering and adding more and more to that wonderful background !! I'm so glad that you like it !!

      Delete
  7. So pretty! The Lavinia images are beautiful, and I love the colors and textures on your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much .. I really enjoyed these stamps !!

      Delete
  8. Your card looks amazing Deb! I love the colors and the textures. It's fun to get out of your comfort zone and I think that's what many of the team members did (me especially). Fabulous job and I'm so glad you're a guest designer this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne !! I am really so thrilled to be Guest Designer -- the stamps/papers are amazing to work with ... And everyone on the team has been so very nice ...Thank you so much - I'm so glad that you liked my card !!

      Delete
  9. So glad you joined our team this month with your wonderful and inspiring projects. Love the scene you created with your beautiful colour combination, and the added sparkly texture. Gorgeous! Lena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comment, Lena !! I had such fun creating this card !! It's a pleasure joining all of you for the Challenge ..

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the guest design spot girl...well deserved! Love this magical and ethereal card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Celeste !! And there was absolutely NO coffee involved with this card !! Can you believe it ???

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debra I am so glad that you are working with all of us on the LW DT! Your card is gorgeous! I love the black gems on snail, it looks real! The Shimmer Fairy Dust looks awesome on your stenciled background! I love everything about your card and I can't wait to see what you create for the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lori !! I'm thrilled that you like what I came up with !! You certainly have inspired me with your Lavinia creations .. I'm excited for the next Challenge too ...

      Delete