Thursday, June 20, 2019

Set Sail With a Good Book

This month, Anthony's Paper Craft is highlighting the Nautical 1 stamp set as the June Stamp of the Month. If you add this to your cart during the month of June, you will receive free shipping on your entire order in the United States. So now is the time to add this set and a few others to your "must-have" list and place an order .  

It's been a hectic few months here and there hasn't been much creative time. But at the end of every day, before bed, I always try to read a few pages of a book.  I have many friends online who are avid readers and I get great ideas for new reads from them.  I also love bookmarks and even keep them in my e-readers. I wanted to make a bookmark I could write on and keep track of books I've read and also those I want to read . 

The book Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw seemed the perfect book to place my new bookmark in . I've already read it once and have been going through it again.  I'm also looking forward to her new book Winterwood to be released in November. 


  • I started by cutting a piece of Bazzill Robin's Egg Marble cardstock to the size I wanted my bookmark to be. It turned out to be 8.5 x 3 inches. 
  • The front of the bookmark is text paper and the back is ledger paper - both from the amazing paper pad from DCWV - Maps, Text & Ledgers Stack .This pad is worth your while if you love stamping on patterned paper and also to use as backgrounds !!
  • Versafine CLAIR Nocturne ink was used to stamp all the images from Nautical 1 . I placed the lighthouse, compass, ship's wheel  anchor and sentiment on the text paper and the compass on the ledger paper.
  • Various patterns of  Ahoy  washi tape from Nicole ( found at AC Moore ) were placed across the text and ledger stamped papers.
  • I used some planner stickers to place 2019 on the front of the bookmark. 
  • The patterned papers were adhered to the Robin's Egg Marble cardstock with my Scotch Pink ATG Runner.




I am already making more of these bookmarks for friends of mine. The stamps in Nautical 1 are the perfect size and I love using the text and ledger papers to stamp the images on. Be sure to check out this  Stamp of the Month at Anthony's Paper Craft for free U.S. shipping through June 30.  My teammate Mary Kay Werry has also used Nautical 1 this week to make some fabulous cards - you can find her creations here at MKW Cards

So, set sail with a good book and leave me a comment about your latest favorite read !! I'm pretty sure I'm  not the only bookworm among my crafty friends !! And until next time, Stay Creative ..



Debra Davison / Meticulosity
Anthony's Paper Craft Design Team













4 comments: