Thursday, May 30, 2019

May Cookies - Take 3

As soon as I saw the Cookie Challenge picture for this post, I immediately thought of a friend's daughter . She is bright and articulate and wants to be a scientist when she grows up .. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she became President of the United States !! Or an astronaut, or a nuclear physicist or maybe even an amazing doctor or nurse. Her possibilities are endless. Her name is Claire and she was my inspiration.  Whatever she chooses to do with her life, I have no doubt that she will make a huge impact !!


I used the fun Super Girl set  from Close To My Heart  that I bought from my amazing friend Chris Franco. You can find her  fabulous creations at  Stamped Blessings . The Super Girl set  is retired but there are plenty of other great products available. I am a pretty good clearance shopper and got the Super Girl stamp AND die set for only $6 !! I hope you like what I created for the Super Girl that I know - Claire !!



  • I first embossed a cloud background with an embossing folder onto blue cardstock, then trimmed it down to fit on a 5 x 7 card . The clouds are easier to see on the close-up below these instructions.
  • The images were stamped on Strathmore 400 Series Watercolor Paper using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.
  • I used the matching dies to cut out the girl and WOW images . The sentiment was punched out with a Tag punch.
  • I colored the images with my Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens .
  • The buildings at the bottom are from a scrap piece of DCWV paper. I cut it to fit at the bottom of the watercolor paper to look like Super Girl was flying over the city.
  • I adhered the images to the background using my Scotch Pink ATG Gun.
  • Glossy Accents  was used to highlight her glasses.


This was a fun challenge !! I hope that you will be inspired to create a project of your own and link it up before June 13. Be sure to go to the IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE blog and take a look at the other creations from our Design Team.  I'm going to put my card in the mail to Claire, along with some stickers !! Because what Super Girl doesn't love fun stickers !!! Some might even have glitter on them.. 

Until next time, Stay Creative !!

Debra Davison/ Meticulosity

3 comments:

  1. I love this card....I love how it's not about a specific super hero or person but a strong statement that ANY girl CAN do anything!!

    ReplyDelete