Thursday, February 21, 2019

February Cookies 2019 - Take 2

For our second challenge this month over at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie, it's all things BABY !! Now, it's been awhile since I had a baby and there are no grandchildren (yet), so I don't have many baly stamps . But I knew there was a cute set in my stash somewhere and luckily, I found them !! Our Inspiration photo this time is soooooo cute !!!


I couldn't decide which stamp to use from the Little Cupcake set  by Inkadinkado, so I used them all. The set is from 2007, which just goes to show you that I am definitely a stamp hoarder !! But then , you never know when you will be needing a baby stamp. I am more likely to use it for a grandchild card these days !!  LOL



  • I chose Journal Cards from the Project Life Maggie Holmes "Gather" edition that went well with a Baby Girl theme.
  • Using Versafine Clair 'Nocturne" ink, I stamped most of the images onto the journal cards. The Baby Girl image was stamped with a dark pink Stampin' Up ink and the Sweet Peas were stamped with a green Stampin' Up ink.
  • I colored some of the images with Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pens .
  • Two of the diapers and the chickadee were paper-pieced with scraps of yellow and pink paper.
  • I placed strips of washi tape onto some of the journal cards.
  • Holes were punched in the upper right corner of the journal cards and then they were all fastened together with a silver binder ring.



I loved the idea of this baby "card" using all of these journal cards fastened together.  There is room on several cards for personalizing a baby's name , birth date etc... I was really pleased with how this turned out and hope that you like it too !! Take a look at the other projects by my teammates over at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge Blog - I know they will be fabulous !! We'd love for you to link up a project between now and March 6 . How could you not be inspired by that cute Inspiration photo ?!?!?!

Thank you again for visiting Meticulosity. 
I hope that you will leave a comment and also sign up to follow my blog if you haven't already. 

Debra Davison

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute and adorable, Debra. What a great idea to use the journaling cards. I love using stamps from my stash. Great inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are just the cutest set of journaling cards! Perfect take on the photo inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog. This post is looking interesting. Thanks for sharing this with us MulberryReviewBlog

    ReplyDelete