Sunday, September 9, 2018

Most Grateful

We are in for some stormy weather here on the East Coast so to take my mind off of Hurricane Florence for a bit, I decided to get  creative.. As a member of the Design Team for Anthony's Paper Craft, I have a variety of amazing stamps to get my creative juices flowing !! Since I am ready to be done with the summer we've had , with temperatures reaching near 100 degrees on many days, I decided to make a Fall-themed card. 

I recently found the perfect 6x6 paper pad at Tuesday Morning. Fall colors and patterns had me immediately thinking of cooler temps and also cards that I could make. I decided to paper-piece my card so that I could more adequately highlight the wonderful new papers I had found. 


  • On Kraft cardstock bases, I adhered a different pattern of paper from the  American Crafts Cedar Lane 6x6 paper pad .
  • I stamped the pumpkins from the Anthony's Paper Craft stamp set Pumpkins onto 3 different complementary patterned papers, also from the Cedar Lane paper pad, using Memento Espresso Truffle ink.
  • I then stamped the smallest pumpkin once on Kraft cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
  • The sentiment from Greetings Set 2 was stamped on woodgrain paper,  and cut out. 
  • The medium pumpkin was adhered flat to the right side of the card base The larger pumpkin was adhered near the bottom right of the card, covering a portion of the medium pumpkin and popped up using  Stampin' Up Dimensional Foam Tabs.
  • The smallest pumpkin was adhered to the right lower corner of the card over the medium and large pumpkins using American Crafts Foam Tabs. These are thicker than the Dimensionals and  allowed me to raise that pumpkin up higher. 
  • I used the pumpkin that I stamped on Kraft paper for the stems of the patterned paper pumpkins. 
  • All paper and images were adhered using a variety of Tombow Adhesives - MONO Adhesive+ Permanent Runner and MONO Aqua Liquid Glue.
  • On the largest card, I adhered a dotted border across the top and tied a bit of Orange/Black twine around that to finish the card. 
Pumpkin stem detail

Confession time -- Making these cards did take my mind off of the weather for a few hours, which was a lovely distraction. But I know I must not have been paying attention to detail as much as I normally do, because I adhered everything to the front of the card upside down. The opening of the card is at the top !! Oh well, I'm sure I'm not the only one with a story like that to tell !!

Thank you for allowing me to share my creativity with you .. I hope you like the stamps I used and that you will check out the SHOP at Anthony's Paper Craft . There are many fantastic stamps to inspire you and some great images to get you ready for Fall and the holidays .

Debra Davison / Meticulosity


No comments:

Post a Comment